By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What film properties would make amazing video games?

So everybody knows the saying video games based on movies blow. Same goes for movies based on video games.

But what TV show and movie properties are just dying to be made into video games. Which genre's should be used and which developers should helm the projects?

personally with the amazing success we have seen with StarWars and Batman and many other film properties yes I know Batman is a comic but it also a much loved film property, what other IP have that kind of potential? With the upcoming Walking Dead game and such I have to wonder which other film properties would be perfect for gaming?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

The Hunger Games could make for an amazing competitive online multiplayer game I think!

For movies with no video games at all I think Young Sherlock Holmes with a new story but with the same character could be really good.

Then there's Star Trek which does have many video games but I don't think any of them really capture what makes the series so special. It would be nice to see some kind of episodic video game for it based on new characters.

The Human Centipede could result in an incredible co-op experience.

A Fallout movie, plenty of storylines to choose from.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Number 3 is supposed to be a gigantic centipede! So online multiplayer is a possibility as well :)

Nah I don't think you'd get the full experience online.

Kill Bill!

You could have training levels with Pai Mei. Battle Yakuzas and various henchmen in regular levels. Than you'd have kick ass boss fights against the members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad.

Signature goes here!

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/537029

Howl's moving castle is a great setting for an RPG, so is Castle in the sky.

Event Horizon and Pandorum are good for Dead space style horror sci-fi

Serenity / Firefly is a good setting for the next Mass Effect style game. Notch already wants to use it for the next Elite type sandbox space game which could be even better.

Men in Black.

Seriously... why has nobody done this?!