By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Right and Left: The worst of the worst.

Both videos from Bill Maher's show, showing the worst people possible representing both sides of the political debate in the USA.

Entitled lazy slackers:

Bigoted Bible thumpers:

A lot of extra chromosomes in those videos. The purpose of the videos is first and foremost comedic, so don't take it too seriously :)

Around the Network

Interestingly, HBO executives didn't want Pelosi to air one of these videos. Guess which!

You'd think he'd be a bit more vindictive on this matter lately, since Bristol Palin's been egging at him for his circa-2008 comments on her and her mother (some bullshit about apologies in an attempt to twist the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke affair)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
You'd think he'd be a bit more vindictive on this matter lately, since Bristol Palin's been egging at him for his circa-2008 comments on her and her mother (some bullshit about apologies in an attempt to twist the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke affair)

Nah. Although he tries to hide behind that "it's funny when I do it!" bullshit, even Maher realizes the hypocrisy of the left on that topic.

Not sure why you'd conflate these two issues, though.

Scum of the Earth. The first video reminded me of the situation in the UK, with parasitic Jeremey Kyle type people wanting to have huge taxes on the rich in order to fund their pathetic lives.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
badgenome said:
Interestingly, HBO executives didn't want Pelosi to air one of these videos. Guess which!

She comes off as the type that wants to air videos before anyone else can approve/disapprove of them.  Hmm...not sure how I deduced that.

She strikes me more as the type who likes to sneer at people she sees as being inferior to her Emmy Award Winning self. Not surprising she found a receptive audience on Real Time.

Those videos are amazing for all the wrong reasons.

coolbeans said:

Is her "sneer face" the same as her "smile face"?  It seems like 99% of her facial expressions exute a "why the hell I'm wasting my time with you" look.  Is the Lawerance 'O Donnell crowd receptive to her as well?  Or are those the same people as the Real Time crowd?

I think she has only one all purpose generically smug facial expression, and I shudder to think that there's even such a thing as a Lawrence O'Donnell crowd.

Mr Khan said:

As badgenome already pointed out, it isn't about the comments it is about the hypocrisy ...

Realistically, Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher are both political commentators and entertainers and both say some pretty repugnant things at time to add color or shock value to their shows. While it is fair for them to get angry at each other over what they say, it is hypocritical of either of them to not simply accept the apology of the other when they claim that they went too far in what they were saying.

Personally, I find it a little Bizzarre that Bill Maher of all people would try to "destroy" someone's career for saying something stupid; after all, he lost his late night TV show (about) a decade ago for saying something stupid.

HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:

As badgenome already pointed out, it isn't about the comments it is about the hypocrisy ...

Realistically, Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher are both political commentators and entertainers and both say some pretty repugnant things at time to add color or shock value to their shows. While it is fair for them to get angry at each other over what they say, it is hypocritical of either of them to not simply accept the apology of the other when they claim that they went too far in what they were saying.

Personally, I find it a little Bizzarre that Bill Maher of all people would try to "destroy" someone's career for saying something stupid; after all, he lost his late night TV show (about) a decade ago for saying something stupid.

True, and i suppose the only reason that Limbaugh is more guilty than Maher of lowering the tone of national discourse is because Limbaugh's on AM Radio and Maher's on fricking HBO (never known anyone rich enough to subscribe to HBO, even from some of my more well-off friends and family)

What incident are you talking about, here? I'm curious.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.