By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Right and Left: The worst of the worst.

HappySqurriel said:

Personally, I find it a little Bizzarre that Bill Maher of all people would try to "destroy" someone's career for saying something stupid; after all, he lost his late night TV show (about) a decade ago for saying something stupid.

To his credit, Bill Maher actually isn't. He has called out the left for not accepting Limbaugh's apology and moving on, and for generally being a bunch of oversensitive, hypocritical babies. I think his experience with losing Politically Incorrect is probably why he's sensitive to this sort of attempt to silence someone. (I think it's also part of the reason why he went from being a "libertarian" to a full blown leftist, although he was probably just more of a libertine than any sort of true libertarian anyway. But he at least used to pay lip service to the idea of a limited government until losing his show drove him to the brink of insanity and, not coincidentally, right into the arms of the Democratic Party out of pure spite.) Plus he knows that he says far worse than Limbaugh on a daily basis, and the clown nose and his left wing politics can only provide him with so much cover.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

What incident are you talking about, here? I'm curious.

Right after 9/11, Maher said something about the hijackers not being cowards. (I think he was actually quoting Dinesh D'Souza, although he seemed to agree with the idea.) Either way, people predictably got all butthurt about it, and Politically Incorrect was canceled as a result.

those are some quite sad videos for the wrong reasons :/

HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:
You'd think he'd be a bit more vindictive on this matter lately, since Bristol Palin's been egging at him for his circa-2008 comments on her and her mother (some bullshit about apologies in an attempt to twist the Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke affair)

As badgenome already pointed out, it isn't about the comments it is about the hypocrisy ...

Realistically, Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher are both political commentators and entertainers and both say some pretty repugnant things at time to add color or shock value to their shows. While it is fair for them to get angry at each other over what they say, it is hypocritical of either of them to not simply accept the apology of the other when they claim that they went too far in what they were saying.

Personally, I find it a little Bizzarre that Bill Maher of all people would try to "destroy" someone's career for saying something stupid; after all, he lost his late night TV show (about) a decade ago for saying something stupid.

I didn't think what he said was tupid though.

People who chrash a plane with them inside it into skyscrapers are a lot of bad things, but not cowards.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

People who chrash a plane with them inside it into skyscrapers are a lot of bad things, but not cowards.

It can be argued that they are. Some disgruntled individual who despairs of life to the point that he goes on a killing spree in order to go out in a blaze of glory is more of a coward than someone who is willing to work and struggle day after day in order to improve himself and/or the world.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
KungKras said:

It can be argued that they are. Some disgruntled individual who despairs of life to the point that he goes on a killing spree in order to go out in a blaze of glory is more of a coward than someone who is willing to work and struggle day after day in order to improve himself and/or the world.

Arguably, that is true, but in their brainwashed twisted mindsets, they probably thought that they sacrificed themselves for a better world.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

Arguably, that is true, but in their brainwashed twisted mindsets, they probably thought that they sacrificed themselves for a better world.

Maybe, but the typical adherent of a mass movement is an incomplete individual who hates himself and fears being held to account for his personal failings. They already seek a form of self annihilation by dissolving themselves into a such a movement, so convincing them to literally annihilate themselves in an exploding aircraft doesn't require as much doing as you might think. Even though at some level they may do it for the holy cause, at the bottom it's still a means escape from the irredeemably spoiled self and so is still fundamentally the act of a coward.

Is either one of those videos a video of Bill Maher?

HappySqurriel said:

Actually Maher defended Limbaugh. 

I don't agree with Maher on most things but I have to give him props for this. 

Kasz216 said:
Is either one of those videos a video of Bill Maher?

They are from his show.