By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Incoming Dark Souls Announcement

Imagine the mods...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope DLC rather than PC version.

I would play the PC version due to sharper grafix but I think Dark Souls suits console controller better than keyboard & mourse.

it could be both. :D

And you could still use a controller on PC... some PC ports essentially suck with a keyboard and mouse (dead space) so you have to play it with a pad anyways.

Hey, I loved Dead Space 2 K+M combo, it was much more comfortable to me than the pad XD. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
ishiki said:
Slimebeast said:

I would play the PC version due to sharper grafix but I think Dark Souls suits console controller better than keyboard & mourse.

And you could still use a controller on PC... some PC ports essentially suck with a keyboard and mouse (dead space) so you have to play it with a pad anyways.

Hey, I loved Dead Space 2 K+M combo, it was much more comfortable to me than the pad XD. 

I never tried that. I remember Dead Space 1 being wonky so I played DS2 the same way. Maybe I just couldn't figure out how to make it comfortable though. 

Good reason to start a new character when the hopefully new dlc comes out =D Think I'll do strength..

I'd actually buy it if it were re;eased for PC

Around the Network
ishiki said:
lestatdark said:
ishiki said:
Slimebeast said:

I never tried that. I remember Dead Space 1 being wonky so I played DS2 the same way. Maybe I just couldn't figure out how to make it comfortable though. 

Never tried Dead Space 1 on PC (had it for the PS3), but I do recall Visceral Games saying that they'd fixed the controls for DS2 PC. Maybe that's why it felt more comfortable to me than the pad.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

pezus said:
blunty51 said:
The framerate issue was not because of the platform, it was programming & optimization.

And yea I'm hoping for DLC too as I've already played the hell out of Dark Souls.

Good for PC users if it does release though, I can see the K&M working well, with some beefed up graphics. I think those who are saying it can sell over 1mil on PC are in over their heads though.

Was anyone saying that?

The framerate issue was indeed partly because of the platform. PS3 is hard to program for, PC is not that hard.

PC is definitely easier, but I've never heard anyone complained about the 360 though. I say that because the framerate problem was cross-platform.

From Software even admitted "so there were areas where we felt our technical side couldn't keep up with the game's scope"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-31-dark-souls-developer-apologises-for-frame-rate-issues

pezus said:
blunty51 said:
pezus said:
blunty51 said:
The framerate issue was not because of the platform, it was programming & optimization.

And yea I'm hoping for DLC too as I've already played the hell out of Dark Souls.

Good for PC users if it does release though, I can see the K&M working well, with some beefed up graphics. I think those who are saying it can sell over 1mil on PC are in over their heads though.

Was anyone saying that?

The framerate issue was indeed partly because of the platform. PS3 is hard to program for, PC is not that hard.

PC is definitely easier, but I've never heard anyone complained about the 360 though. I say that because the framerate problem was cross-platform.

From Software even admitted "so there were areas where we felt our technical side couldn't keep up with the game's scope"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-31-dark-souls-developer-apologises-for-frame-rate-issues

Yes but more power usually fixes that. Gaming PCs will gobble this game up

I think it boils down to the talent too, they could make it look killer and run smoother but end up having extra-mad requirements because of less-than-stellar programming optimization.

Even though they acknowledged their weaker technical side, I'd like to think by now they'll nail this.

blunty51 said:
pezus said:
blunty51 said:
pezus said:
blunty51 said:

Was anyone saying that?

Yes but more power usually fixes that. Gaming PCs will gobble this game up

I think it boils down to the talent too, they could make it look killer and run smoother but end up having extra-mad requirements because of less-than-stellar programming optimization.

Even though they acknowledged their weaker technical side, I'd like to think by now they'll nail this.

There is a 1% chance that From will be handling the port. BAMCO will be getting a studio for hire that is experianced with PC ports to do it, there are several studios that are dedicated to doing that kind of work, Nixxes Software which handled the PC version of Deus EX: HR for example. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

There is a 1% chance that From will be handling the port. BAMCO will be getting a studio for hire that is experianced with PC ports to do it, there are several studios that are dedicated to doing that kind of work, Nixxes Software which handled the PC version of Deus EX: HR for example. 

Ah, well that would make sense.