By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crapcom dumps Resident Xbox owners due to Kinect

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:
As a guy that owns a Wii, a 360 with Kinect, and a PS3 with move, I'll throw in my two cents.

1. The games weren't appealing enough for me to buy when they were on the Wii and I consider myself a pretty big Resident Evil fan.

2. This game would be horrible for Kinect. Gunstringer was my wake-up call. Awesome game but nowhere near as precise as a controller or a Wii-Remote/Move. Best not to even try.

3. I don't plan on buying this game for the Move, either. Some people will. Good for them. Also, I purchased RE4 HD and it didn't really look much better than RE 4 Wii Edition. It just looked sharper. In the end, it didn't make much of a difference.

So, in the end, all we have is a game that certain people will make a big deal about because it's a former exclusive that has been upgraded for another platform and, at the same time, is being denied on a third platform. This game doesn't deserve the attention it will get in the near future. I say stick with Dead Space Extraction (which is also on the Wii, upgraded for the PS3, and denied on the 360).

You know that I love you Mr. Lewis, but I can not endorse your endorsement of Dead Space Extraction over these games.  The Resident Evil games are much better because they involve more what's the word?  Oh yeah... 

Shooting!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I say screw the RE chronicle games and DS Extraction and go with HOD overkill for PS3/Wii

back in around 2006 - 07 wii owner and re fan only can see ps3 and 360 laugh to us for re5 and HD games. And then I had no doubt to buy ps3 (because I already 360 and its broke!!!). So if you really like games in another console you already owned, just buy it.

Given the fairly insignificant number of units both titles combined are likely to sell, I'm not sure why any Xbox only player would cop an indignant attitude over the lack of a port anymore than why any PS3 only player would cop a smug attitude as if the platform just won some sort of reward.

You have one really old game and another pretty old game that generally only appeal to RE completists and fans of arcade style rail shooters, a genre that has slid into obsolescence since the advent of FPS games on consoles.

About the only other people I could possibly imagine buying either of these games is any PS3 owner who's that determined to get more use out of their Move controllers.

You know. There's this gun for Cabela's that shoots BS bullets at Capcom. It's a no brainer that this peripheral was overlooked.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
Really? These games are worth making a fuss over all of a sudden?

My my...

IMHO, i think this guy is just butthurt that PS3 is getting some games that the Xbox wont.

[...]

Then you don't know Mr. Khan.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

You really care this much about not getting two decent rail shooters at best? Good thing you're not a Wii only owner, those poor guys have been snubbed out of 99% of the great third party games.

Anyway, RE chronicles is fun I guess, but nothing to write home about. Me and my friend beat the whole game in one sitting and I proceeded to sell it a week later. Never played the second one, but looks like it's more of the same.

theRepublic said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
Really? These games are worth making a fuss over all of a sudden?

My my...

IMHO, i think this guy is just butthurt that PS3 is getting some games that the Xbox wont.

[...]

Then you don't know Mr. Khan.