By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crapcom dumps Resident Xbox owners due to Kinect

Tagged games:

This article makes it seem like a tragedy. They are mediocre games and in the Wii's bargain bin. So no, people don't have to fork out for a PS3 and Move.

I'd gladly take Witcher 2 over these anyway.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
pezus said:

...no matter how cool Kinect is, gamers are being short-changed when it comes...

LMAO.

WHAT!?

It's not called Natal anymore you know. It's lame now.

I actually played both of these games and enjoyed them, never played them again after beating them but seriously, who wants to play these games now ?

at 1:53.. did they just blurred  the Wii version? I can't remember it looking that blurry...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

RolStoppable said:
NiKKoM said:

at 1:53.. did they just blurred  the Wii version? I can't remember it looking that blurry...

Capcom always does this in their port comparisons.

They do? I am surprised tbh. 

Around the Network

I love how the thread title was changed to crapcom.

NiKKoM said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I wish light gun games could just come back the way they used to be. I don't like gun games with Wii-Mote/Move controls. I prefer the Virtua Cop and House of the Dead 1,2,3 style of dedicated light gun control. You know the type of gun control where you actual look down the gun's sights to aim instead of resting it on your leg and move a cursor around like a mouse.

I don't miss it... I use my iPad and iPhone...

lol, that seals it, console gaming is finally dead.

Runs out to buy 1000$ worth of electronics.

End up just playing iShotgun and angry birds.

VGKing said:
For those complaining about this not coming to Kinect,

Shooters aren't a very good genre for Kinect. Not even on-rails shooters.

These games were made specifically for the Wiimote weren't they? It makes sense to only have them on the PS3 since it has Move. Yes DS3 is an option but for an on-rails shooter it would just be boring to play that way.

Think the consensus is that nobody cares. And really, given Moves low install base, I dont think PS3 gamers care either lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

RolStoppable said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I wish light gun games could just come back the way they used to be. I don't like gun games with Wii-Mote/Move controls. I prefer the Virtua Cop and House of the Dead 1,2,3 style of dedicated light gun control. You know the type of gun control where you actual look down the gun's sights to aim instead of resting it on your leg and move a cursor around like a mouse.

Several lightgun games on the Wii allow you to calibrate the aim, so that the aiming actually mimics the one of a lightgun. Combined with one of the various lightgun shells that are available for the Wii, you get exactly what you want.

If you were actually interested in these games, you would have known that.

I have both Resident Evil gun games on the Wii as well as House of the Dead Overkill. I also have a plastic gun attachment for the WiiMote. I like them all, especialy Overkill. I have fussed with the calibration on all of them and it does not "mimic" a lightgun no matter how you set it up or what plastic shell you snap the WiiMote in. Even with the cursor turned off it still doesn't feel like a classic lightgun. Nothing beats a Sega Saturn Virtua Gun.

As a guy that owns a Wii, a 360 with Kinect, and a PS3 with move, I'll throw in my two cents.

1. The games weren't appealing enough for me to buy when they were on the Wii and I consider myself a pretty big Resident Evil fan.

2. This game would be horrible for Kinect. Gunstringer was my wake-up call. Awesome game but nowhere near as precise as a controller or a Wii-Remote/Move. Best not to even try.

3. I don't plan on buying this game for the Move, either. Some people will. Good for them. Also, I purchased RE4 HD and it didn't really look much better than RE 4 Wii Edition. It just looked sharper. In the end, it didn't make much of a difference.

So, in the end, all we have is a game that certain people will make a big deal about because it's a former exclusive that has been upgraded for another platform and, at the same time, is being denied on a third platform. This game doesn't deserve the attention it will get in the near future. I say stick with Dead Space Extraction (which is also on the Wii, upgraded for the PS3, and denied on the 360).