By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More discussions with SE's Wada: tune change delux

@squall

The same could be said for PS3, even worse since its almost 2x the cost. I'm not saying you should be buying the wii for it, just using it as an example of how a lot of other people may be overestimating system seller potential.

Around the Network

@darconi

Well i got my money's worth with the PS3 as i have 10 games for it and have enjoyed playing them all... The reason that the expense for the PS3 was worth it is that i knew there were major games coming out for the platform that would justify the cost!

Also the added bonus that i use it as a Blu-ray player, Planet Earth looks sooo good in 1080p :D

Squall_Leonhart said:
@darconi

Well i got my money's worth with the PS3 as i have 10 games for it and have enjoyed playing them all... The reason that the expense for the PS3 was worth it is that i knew there were major games coming out for the platform that would justify the cost!

Also the added bonus that i use it as a Blu-ray player, Planet Earth looks sooo good in 1080p :D

You enjoyed LAIR?

@soriku ---not everyone is a robot like you. My arm gets tired after 3 hours of playing lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@Soriku

It's not that at all, i just don't want to have to play FF games with the Wiimote at all! They work so well with the DS... Then again this is all just speculation at the moment so no harm done yet :P

Around the Network

^im really waiting for FF:CC for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Lets just face it everyone has made a choice with the console he bought on the first day. I choose the wii because i like nintendo games, everyone bought PlaySation 3 for FF13,MGS and the ones that took the Xbox360 was for Halo 3. Now everyone likes game from Square/Enix, Capcom, Konami and everyone wants this companies to develop for their system of choice that is only reasonable for everyone.

Now from what Square/Enix will do and said that it will do,is to go to the most successful system on this generation according to Wada thats reasonable too because they want to make a profit for every game they make.

For the most successful franchise of Square/Enix is Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy as like Super Mario is for Nintendo its only logical to change the developing shift to the DS/Wii bandwagon because they have already the bigger market share from their rivals. More market share, more sales for their games even sales from people that has never played their games before so broading their market even more for future projects. That is what the industry is doing for very long since now i don't now what will happed in the near future BUT the only logical conclusion is to shift Final Fantasy XIII for the Wii i DO NOT say that it will I only suggest what square/enix should do.

About the developing of FF XIII and VERSUS XIII have you ever see anything except two trailers repeated again and again and no real gameplay?
If i remember correctly i had read in the past on gamesindustry.biz that the developing of FF XIII had "Freezed" for PlayStation 3 until the sales will go up and Sony got bashed for their marketing politic from President of S/E M.Wada.

Now where that leave us.... I just wonder maybe this shift of development has already begone but where are the titles that Square promised for Ps3 and 360 and Wii like Last Remnant,Final Fantasy XIII, Versus XIII, FFCC:Crystal Bearers. No info at all not even a screen shot from all this games.... I smell something like an announcement is at work for S/E like the one Capcom made tree months ago for their game like Monster Hunter 3.

But thats just my rumblings so is just a shot in the blind...maybe....hehe..

Why can't Square Enix just put their games on all platforms. If Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and so many others can do it they can as well.

To each their own, Squall_Leonhart. The only PS3 title I want right now that is out is Armored Core 4, and 2008 has 6 titles I'm keeping my eyes on. I own a Wii, 9 games for it, and have my eyes on 10 more for this year alone.

I also own a gamecube with 26 games and a PS2 with 45 or so games (just bought Xenosaga III for $15 yesterday, very happy!).

I own a 27" Panasonic SDTV, and while I have a surround sound system, it hasn't been connected in over a year (lack of interest involving the effort). I have no real broadband (satellite modem is okay for downloads except for the 375mb a day limit) and a tight budget.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Squall_Leonhart said:
I really hope that the main FF series does not go to the Wii, FF has evolved over the different platforms to be a game that is expected to be graphically amazing (i still remember my jaw dropping when i seen footage of FFX on the PS2, it was amazing) so it would be a major step-back from FFXIII if FFXIV was on the Wii imo...

Im with him, please keep it on a high graphical console, im not going back to FF 10 graphics for a FF title, same goes with kindom hearts.

Most of you keep forgeting that the wii usually does not sell 3rd party as close as nintendo games, until then companys wont look at it like the ps2.

And yes the wii mote is tireing soriku.

-Lost tears of Kain

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!