By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More discussions with SE's Wada: tune change delux

Translation of Translation:

DS > Wii > PS3

45% of our resources = DS
40% of our resources = Wii
15% of our resources = PS3

May change as Wii is incredibly unpredictable.

FF13 will remain on PS3. But, expect future iterations on Wii. Only reason MH3 was switched is it was still really early on in the development cycle. FF13 is way to far into being developed to be switched at this point.

Around the Network

@Soriku

I really hope that they don't fully move to the Wii as it would be such a step-back from what FFXIII and Versus XIII would have been, graphically of course! And thats what these games are renownd for being, that along with epic story's and quests, but it is still a part of what the games are.

I don't want to be forced to buy a Wii tbh...

^well if you're a RPG fan, be prepared to be forced to buy one, cause the signals are there that the Wii will be the main RPG console.

Well if that is the case then i think i will pass on the RPG's going the Wii way... I just can't imagine the pain in the ass that having to play an entire game that can last in excess of 100hrs with the Wiimote...

Squall_Leonhart said:
Well if that is the case then i think i will pass on the RPG's going the Wii way... I just can't imagine the pain in the ass that having to play an entire game that can last in excess of 100hrs with the Wiimote...

With how "Amazingly Complex" most Square-Enix RPGs are they can be played with the Wiimote as a NES controller; if you have trouble playing it with the Wiimote then you'd have problems with it on any system.

Around the Network

When referencing the Wiimote i was speaking about it being used for the motion controls, no need for the sarcasm... (then again what else would i expect...)

I still would be happier playing it on another platform than the Wii, even the 360 as it would at least be HD!

*shrug*

I'll start caring about where FF14 goes when we see FF13's sales on the PS3.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Squall_Leonhart said:

I think that statement displays to you the problems many games face as "system sellers".  FF13 is prolly the biggest system seller within the next 2 years and yet you still wouldn't buy a wii for it.  How can you expect a lot of other people to buy a $400 PS3 for it? 

Obvious there's other factors but gives you an idea of the hurdles that system sellers have.

@darconi

The reason i wouldn't buy a Wii for FF is the fact that it would be paying a lot of money just so that i could play one game, as nothing else on the Wii interests me in the slightest...

Right now there are far more JRPGs announced for the Wii than the PS3... and we are just going into the second year. JRPG fans will miss a lot of games this generation without a Wii. What's been happening is just as Bodhesatva predicted in the other thread. JRPGs are too niche a genre to survive on the other 2 consoles, and because of this developers have shoved them on the Wii en mass.