By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More discussions with SE's Wada: tune change delux

naznatips said:
Bingoo said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

ROFFLE. The only way you'd go back to FF10 graphics would be if they re-released FF10. Even FFCC on GCN looks better. I also don't get how KH is supposed to "stay" on a high graphical console considering that it was never on one to begin with.

Most of you keep forgeting that the wii usually does not sell 3rd party as close as nintendo games

You say that like other consoles sell 3rd party as close as Nintendo games. Nobody does. Seriously, SMG is sailing to 10 million past everyone else.

I don't even know why people are clinging to this argument. Wada's words clearly show that their interest are in the platforms that sell the most. Not who has the prettiest graphics. It's how SE always worked...

Ps2 while not the highest, was still able to produce high end graphics, the wii not so much compared to ps3 and 360.

I was exagerating why you have to be an ass about it is beyond me, and it would not go much higher then FF 12.

Try to hide it all you want, but 3rd partys have always lagged on nintendo consoles. Why would they want to produce on the top selling console, with mediocre sales, or go to the next two platforms with higher sales.

Did i ever say he did, NO i said i WANTED YES I WANTED(can you read??) it to be on high graphics.

If you are trying to argue for PS3 exclusivity, you are going to want to ignore 3rd party sales in your debate, as the Wii has 5 TP million sellers vs. the PS3's 3, and the total sales of those 5 more than double the total sales of those 3 on the PS3. Also, since we are on the subject of JRPGs, which are heavily dependant on Japanese sales, the PS3 and 360 have yet to even have a game sell 500K in Japan.

A scary fact for you is that Dragon Quest: Swords has outsold every single PS3 game in Japan, including those that were previously huge in the market (Everybody's Golf, Dynasty Warriors). Not only has the PS3 been unable to push new games in Japan, but previously popular games have actually now become flops. Because of this, it's no surprise that there are far more announced JRPGs on the much cheaper to develop for Wii than the expensive and difficult PS3.

So, yes, there will still be more Japanese audience PS3 games in the future, but the vast majority of JRPGs this generation are going to be on the Wii. Which ones go where really depends on the type of game. For example, I expect Star Ocean to be on the PS3, but I expect Kingdom Hearts to be on the Wii. The demographics for each match better, and Star Ocean as a series is more dependant on pushing graphics than Kingdom Hearts is.

Im not im just hoping that it remains that way, i dont ever think i state it would stay that way cause of 3rd party support. When i said that im just saying it wont ever have the success the ps2 did unless some things change.

I know this ps3 is not selling worth  crap, i dont even own one (yet).

Yes i know, but i can hope,  i really dont want to play KH on my wii, i really do want advance graphics for the game, though def not as much as i want for FF 13

-lost tears of kain

i own a wii and 360 if you dont remember my sig

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Bingoo said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I really hope that the main FF series does not go to the Wii, FF has evolved over the different platforms to be a game that is expected to be graphically amazing (i still remember my jaw dropping when i seen footage of FFX on the PS2, it was amazing) so it would be a major step-back from FFXIII if FFXIV was on the Wii imo...

Im with him, please keep it on a high graphical console, im not going back to FF 10 graphics for a FF title, same goes with kindom hearts.

Most of you keep forgeting that the wii usually does not sell 3rd party as close as nintendo games, until then companys wont look at it like the ps2.

And yes the wii mote is tireing soriku.

-Lost tears of Kain

From now on I suggest that everytime someone bashes the Wii for its supposed sub-PS2 level graphics will NEVER play older systems again. Because its obvious that those games can't be good because their graphics suck.

This includes: No God of War 2, Halo 2, FFX, RE4,  KOTOR, Soul Calibur ever again. Enjoy Lair and Heavenly sword instead guys!

No they can be, i just dont want FF a BIG TIME GRAPHIC GAME to go to a older graphic system, im sorry thats what I WANT. Im sorry MY opinion, cant be like that.

I bash the wii for older graphics but i will praise it for its use of the remote, thats the way it is, wii was not made for graphical games (compared to 360 and ps3) and if you cant see that your blind. Yea super mario galaxy looks great, but its not eye dropping like bioshock was to me (i own both) nor mass effect.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Mafaveli said:
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
Bingoo said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I really hope that the main FF series does not go to the Wii, FF has evolved over the different platforms to be a game that is expected to be graphically amazing (i still remember my jaw dropping when i seen footage of FFX on the PS2, it was amazing) so it would be a major step-back from FFXIII if FFXIV was on the Wii imo...

Im with him, please keep it on a high graphical console, im not going back to FF 10 graphics for a FF title, same goes with kindom hearts.

Most of you keep forgeting that the wii usually does not sell 3rd party as close as nintendo games, until then companys wont look at it like the ps2.

And yes the wii mote is tireing soriku.

-Lost tears of Kain

From now on I suggest that everytime someone bashes the Wii for its supposed sub-PS2 level graphics will NEVER play older systems again. Because its obvious that those games can't be good because their graphics suck.

This includes: No God of War 2, Halo 2, FFX, RE4, KOTOR, Soul Calibur ever again. Enjoy Lair and Heavenly sword instead guys!

No ToS, KH, BKO, etc.? NOooOoooO!

What does this mean for the 8 and 16-bit era games?

Come on, those aren't really games, that are moving pixels you control with 3 buttons. That has nothing to do with what we call gaming today. Besides ever tried to play 8/16 bit on a HD TV?

Legend11 said:
Why can't Square Enix just put their games on all platforms. If Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and so many others can do it they can as well.

Because their one virtue is keeping their games exclusive to the platform they're released on most of the time, though that is hardly a virtue without its set backs.

And by all platforms I'm sure you're hoping for dual PS3 and 360 support with Wii as the typical exclusion.