By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW Up ! (10th March)

Cheah_dresta said:
sales2099 said:

Ouch on MLB The Show and PS3 ME3 numbers

360 is looong overdue for a pricecut

Really MLB ouch? was MLB suppose to do 2m first week now? looking at the sales its not much different than the other MLB games.

On the other had.....360 and Wii HW sales ouch * 10.

Wii hardware ok but 360 hasnt had a price cut since 2008 lol. PS3 has had a 100 drop in 2009 and a 50 one last year. So totally understandable 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

1. It's baseball....
2. It's a previous Xbox 360 exclusive.

1. Its a PS3 exclusive. Therefore it should = God

2. Since PS3 is so super awesome most gamers should have flocked to the PS3 version right? 

So the actual results are very surprising :P

What weak reasoning. You could have come up with much better deeper reasons had you put your thought into it. But alas, it looks like you enjoy being an amateur with your posts.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

1. It's baseball....

2. Since PS3 is so super awesome most gamers should have flocked to the PS3 version right? 

What weak reasoning. You could have come up with much better deeper reasons had you put your thought into it. But alas, it looks like you enjoy being an amateur with your posts.

Exactly. This isnt my reasoning, im just regurgitating that reasoning from a typical PS3 fan. 

Offcourse I personally am not surprised by the numbers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

360 needs price cut worldwisde if MS wants to beat 2011 and 2010

sales2099 said:

Exactly. This isnt my reasoning, im just regurgitating that reasoning from a typical PS3 fan. 

The typical ps3 fan doesnt say anything like that, its  just your normal troll spin.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
sales2099 said:

The typical ps3 fan doesnt say anything like that, its  just your normal troll spin.

Youd think so.....oh well agree to disagree. 

Some people's bias is really ridiculous, maybe the main reason why I avoid most threads on VGChartz for over half a year now...

Anyway, Mass Effect 3 did really great, even the PS3 version had a decent opening considering that ME1 never was on PS3 and that the PS3 version of ME2 released a lot later. I'm a just bit surprised that 360 sales didn't increase (I didn't expect a big boost of course, but a tiny one even so late in this gen would have been likely).

Vita sales are definitely far from being good, I guess the high price is really hurting it a lot. It needs a lower price, but I also wonder what games like CoD could do without a price cut.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

1. It's baseball....

So you admit that you know that you're just spouting nonsense for the sake of nonsense? And here I was thinking you had intentions for a 'debate' to stem from your posts.

Nothing particularly brilliant, but to be expected.

My issue lies with the Vita. The way people were talking with the 'best launch ever!' and the 'western-orientated system'; I thought it'd sell like 1 million a week, or at least better than the 3DS!

Strange how people change their tone, isn't it?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Nothing particularly brilliant, but to be expected.

My issue lies with the Vita. The way people were talking with the 'best launch ever!' and the 'western-orientated system'; I thought it'd sell like 1 million a week, or at least better than the 3DS!

Strange how people change their tone, isn't it?

Saying something has the "Best launch lineup ever" or claiming it to be "Western Oriented" does not in any way suggest those same people are predicting incredibly high numbers. Those expectations are yours and yours alone.

Instead of claiming "changed tones" you should take the time to check the PSVita prediction thread. Most actually expected it to sell less than it currently is, including myself.

Also, for those claiming that the sales threads are dying down due to the Vita not selling well, that couldn't be further from the truth. Fact is that these discussions have been dying for quite a long time and I would wager that the constant need for adjustments on this site caused many to question "What's the point?".

I can't count the amount of times people bickered and argued over numbers only to have official numbers reveal showing how pointless those arguments were and just how much time and effort was wasted as a direct result.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!