By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW Up ! (10th March)

Euphoria14 said:
Conegamer said:
Nothing particularly brilliant, but to be expected.

My issue lies with the Vita. The way people were talking with the 'best launch ever!' and the 'western-orientated system'; I thought it'd sell like 1 million a week, or at least better than the 3DS!

Strange how people change their tone, isn't it?

Saying something has the "Best launch lineup ever" or claiming it to be "Western Oriented" does not in any way suggest those same people are predicting incredibly high numbers. Those expectations are yours and yours alone.

Instead of claiming "changed tones" you should take the time to check the PSVita prediction thread. Most actually expected it to sell less than it currently is, including myself.

Also, for those claiming that the sales threads are dying down due to the Vita not selling well, that couldn't be further from the truth. Fact is that these discussions have been dying for quite a long time and I would wager that the constant need for adjustments on this site caused many to question "What's the point?".

I can't count the amount of times people bickered and argued over numbers only to have official numbers reveal showing how pointless those arguments were and just how much time and effort was wasted as a direct result.

QFT, I would give you an internet star if there was such a thing.  

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Conegamer said:
Nothing particularly brilliant, but to be expected.

My issue lies with the Vita. The way people were talking with the 'best launch ever!' and the 'western-orientated system'; I thought it'd sell like 1 million a week, or at least better than the 3DS!

Strange how people change their tone, isn't it?

Saying something has the "Best launch lineup ever" or claiming it to be "Western Oriented" does not in any way suggest those same people are predicting incredibly high numbers. Those expectations are yours and yours alone.

Instead of claiming "changed tones" you should take the time to check the PSVita prediction thread. Most actually expected it to sell less than it currently is, including myself.

Also, for those claiming that the sales threads are dying down due to the Vita not selling well, that couldn't be further from the truth. Fact is that these discussions have been dying for quite a long time and I would wager that the constant need for adjustments on this site caused many to question "What's the point?".

I can't count the amount of times people bickered and argued over numbers only to have official numbers reveal showing how pointless those arguments were and just how much time and effort was wasted as a direct result.

I agree that sales thread were dying before Vita's release.

But that was natural, as the previous gen was finally getting tiresome. What better time to spark things again? New gen, and Vita's fans are simply avoiding sales threads like the plague. Nobody is saying bad things about the system (and everyone knows it's a f* great machine) or the quality of its games. And if someone is, it's probably some guy like Nintendobrawlersomething that is more like the site's Jester than anything.

hopefully Kid Icarus will give 3DS a boost

other than that everything went down especially the Vita even thought its the newest thing on the market

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
Roma said:

other than that everything went down especially the Vita even thought its the newest thing on the market

Kid Icarus won't do anything special.

The Vita is down, because it is the newest thing on the market.

I thought the newest things sell better at least for the first month

Yesterday I was thinking: what if Kid Icarus MP became the new SSB game that a lot of people want. I mean its doesn’t look that good but neither does SSB  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
RolStoppable said:
Roma said:

Kid Icarus won't do anything special.

The Vita is down, because it is the newest thing on the market.

I thought the newest things sell better at least for the first month

Yesterday I was thinking: what if Kid Icarus MP became the new SSB game that a lot of people want. I mean its doesn’t look that good but neither does SSB  

They do but only for the first month. Then it dies down because they have no new games for it.

Around the Network

don't want to read the whole thread:

why are the sales shrinking so fast every month even with a huge release of mass effect and street fighter release? or even without that why is that? why did more people buy a console last week and the week before even more?

is this normal for the end of february and march?

i mean ps3 and 360 sales not vita.

crissindahouse said:

don't want to read the whole thread:

why are the sales shrinking so fast every month even with a huge release of mass effect and street fighter release? or even without that why is that? why did more people buy a console last week and the week before even more?

is this normal for the end of february and march?

i mean ps3 and 360 sales not vita.

im thinking the same thing. what the hell has happened to sales since that december NPD when everything was shockingly low. maybe people really believe the world is ending this year!

Global Hardware UP

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
50,319 47,180 68,503 179,947
53,583 60,384 34,267 172,371
68,093 40,973 1,077 120,314
38,576 57,614 9,944 113,252
37,822 25,230 7,963 79,399
7,279 7,504 15,819 41,658
21,295 12,442 1,335 38,912

What were the numbers like this time last year, 170,000+ in a week sounds good, i suppose were not in the full lull of summer sales yet tho.

Well, hey at least vita is keeping up with 360.

New prediction question:
Will Vita go below wii in any week of 2012?