By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW Up ! (10th March)

kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
US:

The Tretton desire for 500k in 3 weeks is missed with an actual 316k

It may well take 10 weeks to get to 500k

316 + 30 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = 496 after 10 weeks... that is woeful.

3DS took 2 weeks to get to 500k ( was 824 k after 8 )
PSP took 2 weeks to get to 500k ( was 1.1 m after 8 )

UK:

Falling too fast.... no demand?

A Nintendo portable selling more than its competition? SHOCK!

Oh and no demand would equal 0 sales. So as all as 1 Vita is sold, there is demand. :D

You keep telling yourself that.  

VGKing, what part of video games are you king of? It's certainly not intellectual sales analysis.

Around the Network

Well the Vita numbers are bad, no doubt about that, but the drop was in line with what I expected. I hoped the numbers would stabilize but it's not at all surprising that they didn't.

So, vita's launch has been bad, but the console isn't dead. There's a lot sony can do to help it and I don't think saying it's doomed is justified until after Christmas.

Chark said:
NintendoPie said:
3DS toke a hit from adjustments I see... PSVita seems like it could drop into that coma stage it has in Japan just not as bad... overall pretty boring week. (For me anyway.)

Its just the UK numbers though, we'll have to wait for EU to come through. When does VGchartz update anyway?

It's both USA and UK. VGC seems to update around 1 week and 1 week and 3 days after the week is up. Example: When this week is up USA's 12 ~ 18 numbers will most likely be up next week on tuesday or so. There is really no set time, at least I think there isn't.

It's interesting seeing just how well the Vita is doing with "the best launch lineup of any device ever."

VGChartz

A lot of Sony fans saying that The Vita sales are what they expected, does this mean that Sony fans were expecting terrible sales? The reason I bring this up is because my general impression from Sony fans was that the Vita was going to blow the 3DS away - when it didn't do that in Japan the story was that it was a more Western focused system and would therefore do much better in the west - when it didn't, the sales became "just as I expected" for the Sony fans. You guys flip flop more than an American politician =P

What I actually see is that you Sony fans were just plain wrong and are now changing lying about your opinion so that you don't have to face that reality.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

A lot of Sony fans saying that The Vita sales are what they expected, does this mean that Sony fans were expecting terrible sales? The reason I bring this up is because my general impression from Sony fans was that the Vita was going to blow the 3DS away - when it didn't do that in Japan the story was that it was a more Western focused system and would therefore do much better in the west - when it didn't, the sales became "just as I expected" for the Sony fans. You guys flip flop more than an American politician =P

What I actually see is that you Sony fans were just plain wrong and are now changing lying about your opinion so that you don't have to face that reality.

Was this in response to me? I paid no attention to the vita until it was released and so had no expectations for the launch numbers. I'm just saying that, given the firs 2 weeks' numbers, the 3rd are pretty much in line with expectation.

Jumpin said:

I have noticed this same thing.

The 3DS has been dropping but it's a year old.

The Vita has been dropping, barely removed from launch, but that was "expected"?

I don't understand that logic - especially with "the greatest launch line-up ever".

--

None of this means that the Vita isn't great or won't do fine over its lifetime.

I think it CLEARLY means that it is just too damn expensive once you get the memory card and everything else.

Once Sony wakes up and puts a memory card in the box, things will improve.

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

Damn Ps Vita numbers are bad bad bad :c

3DS already abova Vita and 3DS demand on Chirstmas will skyrocket, Vita needs Cod.

What about the people saying the x360 will have a boost the week of ME3 Release, honestly even in the US It didn´t get any boost.

VGKing said:
sales2099 said:

Ouch on MLB The Show and PS3 ME3 numbers

360 is looong overdue for a pricecut

1. It's baseball....
2. It's a previous Xbox 360 exclusive.

1. Its a PS3 exclusive. Therefore it should = God

2. Since PS3 is so super awesome most gamers should have flocked to the PS3 version right? 

So the actual results are very surprising :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.