By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW Up ! (10th March)

Carl2291 said:
I remember when the sales were at the heart of VGChartz.

Yea I remember every monday refreshing the main page, waiting for those "Others" numbers to show up and start a new week of sales. One region of hardware sales easily warranted 100+ replies. Now our worldwide numbers barely leg past that.

I'd like to think we're just bored of this generation of sales - I definitely don't have an urge to post in these threads anymore, especially because I know it will be full of Vita bashing and I don't want to have to defend it. But back then I knew it would be full of PS3 bashing and I still went in... hard to say what has happened.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Ouch on MLB The Show and PS3 ME3 numbers

360 is looong overdue for a pricecut

Really MLB ouch? was MLB suppose to do 2m first week now? looking at the sales its not much different than the other MLB games.

On the other had.....360 and Wii HW sales ouch * 10.

I'm a big Uncharted fanboy and I'm still surprised by its legs...How much % of its weekly ~60k do you think are from bundles?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

NintendoPie said:
3DS toke a hit from adjustments I see... PSVita seems like it could drop into that coma stage it has in Japan just not as bad... overall pretty boring week. (For me anyway.)

Its just the UK numbers though, we'll have to wait for EU to come through. When does VGchartz update anyway?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

ghettoglamour said:
I'm a big Uncharted fanboy and I'm still surprised by its legs...How much % of its weekly ~60k do you think are from bundles?

Bundles? I'm guessing you're refering to outside the US? No uncharted bundles here.  Unless you are talking about PS3 SKUs, but I doubt there are too many of those left if any, pretty sure in fact.

Around the Network
Chark said:
ghettoglamour said:

Bundles? I'm guessing you're refering to outside the US? No uncharted bundles here.  Unless you are talking about PS3 SKUs, but I doubt there are too many of those left if any, pretty sure in fact.

Yeah well it actually has stellar legs in Europe, in US they're just ok.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Aj_habfan said:
Carl2291 said:

Yea I remember every monday refreshing the main page, waiting for those "Others" numbers to show up and start a new week of sales. One region of hardware sales easily warranted 100+ replies. Now our worldwide numbers barely leg past that.

I'd like to think we're just bored of this generation of sales - I definitely don't have an urge to post in these threads anymore, especially because I know it will be full of Vita bashing and I don't want to have to defend it. But back then I knew it would be full of PS3 bashing and I still went in... hard to say what has happened.

But yet I've been seeing your posts all over this site months before I took the plunge and joined.  Keep up the good fight....all game systems are good in their own right, screw the haters.

VicViper said:
Carl2291 said:

Vita changed it. Most people who has a Vita (the sales star of the moment) secluded themselves in the Official Thread. Therefore, no discussions. VGChartz should have the most bursting sales threads of the internet, but now it's so "oh, you said doom, I'll go cry in my room".

(btw, I've been here for a long time, just started posting recently).

I don't think I've even been to the official thread....wat they do der?  Anyway, I don't like all this doom speak, didn't like it for the 3DS.  But I got a Vita, its what I want, everyone else should really consider it.  Its amazing compared to the PSP, which I wasn't that interested in and didn't get (any last gen handheld).  Full experience with plenty of developer friendly stuff, and it will have legs.  It almost replaces my iPod 4....almost (I almost only use it as a web browser).  I'd bet this thing will do better than the PSP in the long haul.  All doom sayers be damned,  I'm not afraid to speak my mind on things, even Vita's Japan sales. (not as bad as you think)

ghettoglamour said:

In France, we have Uncharted 3 at 30€ instead of 60€ usually :)

Uncharted 3 is in the top 3 best selling video games on Amazon France.

I felt the site should've never took away the Top 200. I loved scrolling through that and seeing how older games we're still selling, PS2 games etc. I miss those days!