By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your least favourite gaming genre?

It's a tie between shooter and racing games (excluding kart racers). I'm not much into sports games either - I like to play FIFA from time to time, but I only buy a new one every few years.

So this gen with the rise of FPS on console and the decline of JRPGs has been rather depressing for me. I feel what the platformer fans had to go through not too long ago - their genre came back, so I hope JRPGs will too.

Around the Network

Facebook/iPhone/Android games followed by sports games.

Ehm, don't crucify me, but I dislike Jump&Runs. Sport-games and Racers I dislike often too, but there are always exceptions. But I never found an exciting Jump&Run.

On the other hand I like Adventures (all of them, action-adventures, point&click and even text-adventures), that genre probably died because most people dislike it. Even Cing died *sniff*. And I like RPGs with turn-based battles, a grid map and grinding. I get the feeling most people hate that. So I think I don't count, I seem to be an alien from outer space.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

My least favourite: JRPG's, MMO's

Favourite: racing sims, third person shooter's, action adventures

pezus said:
Areym said:
pezus said:
Areym said:
Probably sports (with the exception of racing)
I don't wanna role play as a baseball/soccer/basketball player. I got two working legs, I could go do that shit outside if I really wanted to.

Could you really do this?

Of course! I'm hispanic, it's in my blood.

Then make a youtube video, damn it!

Nah, I don't wanna make ya'll feel inadequate about your futbol skills. Besides, I'm too busy not playing sports games.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Art games.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Sports games. Though Sports games with motion controls are amazing. I had tons of fun playing Sports Champions and Wii Sports.

I also don't like racing games, as I'm absolutely terrible at them. Same with fps, which make me motion-sick (but I do have some fun in local co-op mode with over the top kind of friends)

mario games... it has to be a genre by now... and i don't like them much!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

If Wii Sports doesn't count as an actual sports game, then easily sports games xD. Other than that.. I'd have to say FPS games.

TruckOSaurus said:
Racing sims, I just find them incredibly boring. I also don't care for real racing either, a bunch of cars going round in circle is not my idea of fun.

This. I'll also add that I generally hate games that are time based.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson