By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 ending sucks BIG TIME!!!

zero129 said:
KeptoKnight said:
zero129 said:
KeptoKnight said:
Stinky said:

While I don't think the ending is the best possible, at least it wasn't predictable. To me, the ending successfully portrayed the desperation and ultimate futility of the struggle, as well as the baffling alienness of the Reapers compared to the relative kinship of the citadel races.

The way I see it, some folks are mad that it doesn't spoon-feed some neat ending in which the hero thrashes the enemy, gets the girl and everyone lives happily ever after; which would be the laziest writing possible and would deservedly draw ire.

In fact, I don't believe many folks actually stopped to ponder the subtleties of the ending before reaching for the internet hate machine. So the ending is not fantastic, so what?

Yup. Totally agree. The concept and implication of the game is the most important.

Too many people here are nerd raging for a "linear ending." It is Sci-Fi fictional.

It goes alot deeper then that. No body i don't think was expecting a "Happy Ending". But we also wasn't expecting the shit we got. If it was a simple case of not getting a Happy Ending i don't think so many people would be raging. Maybe you should watch some of the videos of why people are angry and have every right to be before you jump to "Nerd Raging" -_-

The past 2 weeks I played 1,2,3. Finished 3 yesterday. I do not have a problem with the ending. I am a Christian and can somewhat see why there is "starchild," as a  means for convention. I am not going to explain it either. I dont need Bioware to hold my hands for my creative thoughts.  I did see 2 videos of commentaries  NERD RAGING. I am a fan of open endings needless to say. I do not care where the reapers come from either. I loved the game from beginning to end.

Yeah ok.....

Yeah ok it is, It is extremely difficult to organize that part of the game. That section of the game is eclipsed. Anyways, my gain of joy. pz.

Around the Network

I finally saw an ending and I'm rather disappointing as well.

That's pretty pathetic considering how insane the build up was throughout the game (or heck, the series).

Well I for one wanted a f-ing happy ending with the girl I choosed

I didn't play the ultimate good guy for 100+ hours so I could get those horrible ending/s
If I wanted that I would have played the game ala renegade style, then I actually could accept "bad" endings( if the ending was longer then 2 mins)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Ok so people that enjoyed the ending please explain to me how you could enjoy the most glaring plot hole in perhaps the history of gaming.

So The Reapers (who are Synthetics) destroy Organics, so that Organics can't build Synthetics which destroy them. Even though the Reapers are Synthetics.............which destroy organics.

It litteraly doesn't make ANY kind of sense. Not to mention the fact that EDI and The Geth prove that the theory that Organics and Synthetics can't get along is wrong.

Again if what the Starchild tells you was true instead of a blatant LIE and the Reapers were really just there to "protect" organics then why the F would they just destroy Synthetic life instead of Organics.

Has to be the single biggest plothole I've almost ever seen.

BenVTrigger said:
Ok so people that enjoyed the ending please explain to me how you could enjoy the most glaring plot hole in perhaps the history of gaming.

So The Reapers (who are Synthetics) destroy Organics, so that Organics can't build Synthetics which destroy them. Even though the Reapers are Synthetics.............which destroy organics.

It litteraly doesn't make ANY kind of sense. Not to mention the fact that EDI and The Geth prove that the theory that Organics and Synthetics can't get along is wrong.

Again if what the Starchild tells you was true instead of a blatant LIE and the Reapers were really just there to "protect" organics then why the F would they just destroy Synthetic life instead of Organics.

Shepard is synthetic (and organic at the same time).  Shepard destroys the organics.  Didn't you see the ending?  Maybe the Geth weren't going to destroy the universe (though, I killed the Geth  so the Quarians could live in my playthrough).  Maybe EDI was going to be the best wife in the history of wifey-hood.  That doesn't change the fact that humans created a synthetic and that synthetic (AKA Shephard) didn't end up killing everybody.  Once again, organic life created a synthetic and that synthetic destroyed them.  You thought "synthetic" meant robot?

I don't really buy what I just posted but, when you look at it like that, did space boy lie?  Shepard fulfilled everything he said.  See how flexible that ending is?

Around the Network

@D21Lewis

But you can actually fully unite the Geth and the Quarians and have both sides live and they both live on Rannoc together and actually the Geth give the Quarians technology, help them rebuild, and even put themselves in the Quarians suits to help simulate germs and sicknesses so the Quarians can get immunity to it and live outside of their suits.

Proof that everything Starchild says to you is a straight up lie.

BenVTrigger said:

Not necessarily to protect organics, but to protect history.  At some point in time, there must have been a huge war and either the synthetics or organics created an A.I. to solve the endless battles, or rather the chaos of war.  The catalyst deemed that until organics can evolve enough to stop fighting the only solution is to assimilate them (e.g. The Borg from Star Trek do this).  To determine if organics have gotten to this point the catalyst designed the crucible to work with the citadel and mass relays to give the organics the chance to create a new future and to get there you essentially have to stop fighting amongst yourselves and work together.  That's the reason the Reapers never destroy all races in the galaxy everytime, to give organics the chance to find a new solution.

In my opinion what is going on is that............Shepard went into an "unconscious state-like dream" since Shephard went up the POWERFUL LIGHT BEAM that caused it. Then it's harbinger/Reaper trying to "indoctrinate-hack," Shepard. When you choose the ending "destroy the reapers," what your really doing is  trying to "break free of the indoctrination /hack." Hence why the Catalyst was in the form of the little boy from Earth  aka "little boy A.I" and LIED that all synthetics will die including Shepard, but disappeared as soon as Shepard decided to choose destroy the Reaper ending. That's why this is the only ending where Shephard lives. The part when Shepard "breaths," means he awakens from the "unconscious state-like dream," successfully bypassing the hack.

The end reminded me (and apparently, a few others) of the part in Matrix Reloaded where Neo meets the Architect. 

Anyhoo, I'm gonna hold my thoughts on the matter until Bioware releases their free ending DLC.  I'm willing to bet it's some "self fulfilling prophecy" type stuff where Shepard is actually the synthetic that kills everything.  We shall see.  New content should be here in the next four weeks.