By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's in our hands~ TALES OF GRACES F

rutea7 said:
might wait for european release since i have games to finish

I decided to do the same... But for other reasons of course~

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

I just got a $10 credit from Futureshop for buying ME3, but the credit is only able to be used in April. So i am going to wait a few weeks and pick up Graces in the first week of April :)

Going to be picking my pre-order up on my lunch break today. Too bad I don't actually get off work till 8. Ugh.

On a brighter note, I have the next 2 days off to enjoy it!

Gotta wait until Friday :(

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Enjoying the crap out of it atm :D

Around the Network

Taking forever to install.

Nem said:
Mad55 said:
outlawauron said:
Nem said:

The problem is the market in the west is split it two.

Namco should release the game on both consoles to maximise sales.

I'd love to buy the game, but i bought a 360 for vesperia and can't really afford to buy a PS3 for Tales of graces.

I did my part buying Tales of the abyss for the 3DS though.

Namco has always split their market, but you have to understand that a JRPG is going to sell more on the PS3 than either the 360 or Wii (worldwide, with all regions considered).

Yea its crazy how they split some of their games and make them exclusive, tales should really be a multiplatform jrpg. 

Here i thought the most sucessful Tales title in the west came out on the gamecube... so much for the playstation theory.

Its exactly that kind of mindset that has to drop. Tales needs to be multiplatform to achieve great numbers. It has to be placed beyond the hardware choice and not before it.

I even talked about that in this very thread!

You're crazy if you think Graces would have done better on Wii than PS3 worldwide. I mean, the Japanese PS3 sales would most likely be within 100k of the Wii version's WW sales (if it followed anything close to Dawn of the New World). Namco will always put the game as an exclusive to one platform in the west. There hasn't been a single one which been released on two platforms in the West (including Symphonia which did well on the PS2).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Nem said:
Mad55 said:
outlawauron said:
Nem said:

The problem is the market in the west is split it two.

Namco should release the game on both consoles to maximise sales.

I'd love to buy the game, but i bought a 360 for vesperia and can't really afford to buy a PS3 for Tales of graces.

I did my part buying Tales of the abyss for the 3DS though.

Namco has always split their market, but you have to understand that a JRPG is going to sell more on the PS3 than either the 360 or Wii (worldwide, with all regions considered).

Yea its crazy how they split some of their games and make them exclusive, tales should really be a multiplatform jrpg. 

Here i thought the most sucessful Tales title in the west came out on the gamecube... so much for the playstation theory.

Its exactly that kind of mindset that has to drop. Tales needs to be multiplatform to achieve great numbers. It has to be placed beyond the hardware choice and not before it.

I even talked about that in this very thread!

You're crazy if you think Graces would have done better on Wii than PS3 worldwide. I mean, the Japanese PS3 sales would most likely be within 100k of the Wii version's WW sales (if it followed anything close to Dawn of the New World). Namco will always put the game as an exclusive to one platform in the west. There hasn't been a single one which been released on two platforms in the West (including Symphonia which did well on the PS2).

I mean it might sell better on the wii in the west, but multiplatform wuld only help it. 

Hm, I forgot about this game. I need more cash and more time, because I want both this and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I guess I'll just have to wait for Amazon sales.

In regards to the choice of platform, I think developers need to make a series either consistently exclusive to a single line of consoles, or ubiquitous across all capable consoles. Tales is a great example of a franchise with a fanbase that doesn't know where to go or what to buy, and this hinders the commercial viability of each game in the series. Though I'd say the worst offender is Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts franchise, what with it's many spin-offs on different handhelds that are all integral to the story.

This is kinda why I wish all developers were first party. Want Halo? By Microsoft's box. Want Uncharted? Sony. If only it were that easy for franchises like Tales.

got the game yesterday(along with Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations) haven't played it yet but got my theme and costumes