By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's in our hands~ TALES OF GRACES F

Getting it on Launch, Already Pre-Ordered and everything! :D

Around the Network

I'm sorry my brothers in arm I wont be purchasing this game anytime soon , since i have to deal with my university enterence exams maybe by the time summer ends.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Waiting for EU release.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

OPSM and GI reviews are in. They complained it's yet another melodramatic JRPG. Don't know why Western critics bother reviewing games in the genre when they clearly don't care any more and are insanely biased. Perhaps there's a greater justification to their scores than just that, but their reviews didn't seem to indicate otherwise.

Panama said:
OPSM and GI reviews are in. They complained it's yet another melodramatic JRPG. Don't know why Western critics bother reviewing games in the genre when they clearly don't care any more and are insanely biased. Perhaps there's a greater justification to their scores than just that, but their reviews didn't seem to indicate otherwise.

I can understand why they said that, after watching the trailers it feels far too melodramatic for me. Vesperia had a great style, it never took itself too seriously and has the perfect balance of humour and melodrama.

Around the Network

The problem is the market in the west is split it two.

Namco should release the game on both consoles to maximise sales.

I'd love to buy the game, but i bought a 360 for vesperia and can't really afford to buy a PS3 for Tales of graces.

I did my part buying Tales of the abyss for the 3DS though.

brendude13 said:
Panama said:

I can understand why they said that, after watching the trailers it feels far too melodramatic for me. Vesperia had a great style, it never took itself too seriously and has the perfect balance of humour and melodrama.

That's nice to know, but Vesperia also wasn't that greatly received as it's lying on 79 on metacritic, still that's no slouch but definitely not critically acclaimed. I'm just referring to the general mindset of the western critic upon reviewing this genre of games. One gets the feeling, that they don't even want to play it. In particular OPSM's quip in regards to its anime aesthetics feels absolutely redundant and unncecessary, yet one can make a safe bet that the author had a shit eating grin smeared across that face of theirs upon having it published.

Also I mean no disrespect if I don't reply for a while, I just won't be here.

Panama said:
brendude13 said:
Panama said:

That's nice to know, but Vesperia also wasn't that greatly received as it's lying on 79 on metacritic, still that's no slouch but definitely not critically acclaimed. I'm just referring to the general mindset of the western critic upon reviewing this genre of games. One gets the feeling, that they don't even want to play it. In particular OPSM's quip in regards to its anime aesthetics feels absolutely redundant and unncecessary, yet one can make a safe bet that the author had a shit eating grin smeared across that face of theirs upon having it published.

Also I mean no disrespect if I don't reply for a while, I just won't be here.

Oh, definitely, a 79 metacritic for Tales of Vesperia is a fucking joke. I also complained about reviewers' mindsets when they review JRPG's, when the reviewer obviously isn't interested in them. Glaring flaws in Western games get glossed over and they still hand out 9.5's and 10's but JRPG's are often destroyed by reviewers and they can't even justify the review scores.

I don't know.. Should I get it or not.. I want Xillia more..Hmmm

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I read the review and it wasn't very long and it seemed pretty positive until the end whatever though im to ready for it if its anything like vesperia or symphonia ill be pleased