By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

Millenium said:
Solution:

Pass a bill to legalize sodomizing underage kids, that should make the Vatican happy.

*Waits for shit storm to ensue*

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

As others have pointed out the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) as been wrong about many other things. "The Pope" as he is called is wrong and immoral on this issue against same sex marriage too. As other have pointed out, Marriage is far older than Christianity.

It must take a great deal of faith to follow a man who has done so many terrible things in his life (like being a Nazi), and hid great evil (like the molesting of children). He is cause a great many good people to suffer under his draconian laws.

But this too will pass. While the RCC is has a tremendous amount of wealth in their coffers. They are losing vast amounts, both money and membership, because of their immoral, lack of compassion and 'not like Jesus' ways. I already know Roman Catholic Priest that will bless same sex ceremonies - only they are hiding when they do it.

What bugs me is the RCC is a fairly small religious organization with lots of money that likes to bully others into think they are the only ‘true’ or only ‘true Christian’ religion.

I think Fred Rogers (Mister Rodgers) would have been a much better spokes person for compassion and love than this one or John Paul.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
 As other have pointed out, Marriage is far older than Christianity.

Marriage can have nothing to do with Christianity or Religion. Civil Marriage is fine and should be every Gay/Lesbian's right to be able to do it, the religious  should have no right or business in trying to prevent it.
Just give the gays and lesbians equal rights as human beings, that is all they are asking and is what they deserve.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

show me scientific evidence that one is born "homosexual"... I so far have seen none. I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster but I also don't believe science has proven one is born "homosexual".

marioboy2004 said:
show me scientific evidence that one is born "homosexual"... I so far have seen none. I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster but I also don't believe science has proven one is born "homosexual".

Why would there have to be evidence? Fact is some people get attracted to people of the same gender, why not let them enjoy a marriage?

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:

nobody is born a "christian" either

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

marioboy2004 said:

I can site you some studies, though not right now.  Marking this to remind myself for later notice if nobody else gets to it before me.

Though i would ask...

if being gay was a choice... why would anyone choose to be gay?

I can't think of one objective positive to being gay in todays society.

BluGamer23 said:
He wouldnt be the pope if he didnt do his job correctly!.. and this is not only his own view

it is what it is.. and forever will be that way with Catholicism.

Marriage is for a Man and a Woman

Marriage is not a religious institution, it was merely a way to guarantee exclusive sexual access to a woman. Women were treated as property and marrying off a daughter was like trading cattle. There is nothing sacred in the institution of marriage, nothing. Additionally, Jesus has never spoken out against homosexuality and he never condoned any form of discrimination. Opposing gay marriage is morally reprehensible and there is no legitimate argument to be made against it. Furthermore, Popes from the past have done little other than incite wars and crusades, oppose scientific advancement, allow slavery and discrimination (both sexual and racial), condone horrific torture and above all else, ignore the teachings of Christ. They are not Christian, they are deceivers and if you believe in Hell then they are the path to eternal damnation.

marioboy2004 said:

If homosexuality is a choice then you chose to be heterosexual no?

the pope really should should try to outlaw straight people.. Cos they're the ones giving birth to gays. Yep.