By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

marioboy2004 said:
By the way incest also is a choice...

Yeah, but is "prohibited" because of the increasing probability of acquiring some genetic diseases for their sons.    Just like the ashkenazi jewish community,  due to the fact that most jewish only relate to other jewesh, if the male has a recesive gene for a disease, and the woman has also a recesive gene for that dissease; the probabilities to have a son with that disease from being almost 0% in other communities, it increases to a 25%.

That was an example, that applies to every community; so if someone has sex with her sister their son may develop some kind of chromosic desease that can be expressed in a lot of ways, like coagulation problems, heart annomalies, colagen related diseases, etc.

So yeah it is a choice, but not a really good one, also.....HOW THE HELL SOMEONE WOULD LOOK AT HER SISTER WITH THOSE INTENTIONS?!??! according to most/all psychoanalysis (and me too lol), that is FUCKED UP!!!

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
By the way incest also is a choice...

and incest in and of itself is completely harmless.  the only negative effect of incest occurs if the two people in question have kids, and even then it takes a couple generations for most inbred diseases to really show.  

People automatically associate the act of incest with pedophilia becuase the only cases that are talked about in the media involve some deranged father or parents raping their kid or an older cousin or whatever.  on it's own, the actual act of incest or the presense of incestuous relationships is entirely morally okay since nobody is hurt, its incestuous offspring that should be discouraged, and that can be fixed as easily as any unwanted pregnancies: use a damn condom. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Player1x3 said:

...Stuff...

This is what's so frustrating.  I'm not sure if you're deliberately avoiding my main point or if you just haven't picked up on it yet, so I don't think there's anything I can do for you to make you stop being an ignorant jackass.  

Religion is irrational, following it is irrational, and as long as religion makes high claims about the world without ANY attempts to substantiate those claims, I will continue to denouce it for the nonsense it is.  Nothing in our history of science has led to a god, the entire purpose of Religion was to make shit up to fill in the blanks science had yet to discover, and people would rather cling to that than go where the facts lie. Doing this is ignorant, and I will continue to act as such.  

The only reason I CARE is because religion IS so deeply embedded in our collective psyche, and it shouldn't be.  I'm not going to bother substantiating my claim becuase even if I proved conclusively that the world doesn't need religion, people would still believe becuase we can be irrational and believing in god is irrational. As long as religion is a tradition, facts will never get in the way of that fantasy.  You've proven it. 

First off, sorry for late reply, but like i said, i write with on-screen keyboard so its very hard to reply to long posts, so i have to seperate at least 1 hour of my time to answer to 1 post, and i've been busy for the last few days so...

You're the one that has completely missed my point. Im NOT trying to defend, prove or justify my or any religion to you. I was just trying to make you realize how hypocritical and double standard you are. Always poking at religion and its followers yet whine and scream anytime they express themselves or poke at you.

Yes, religion is irrational. And so is atheism and deism and pantheism etc etc... The only rational position is agnosticism. However, something being irrational doesn't mean its wrong or stupid. Love is irrational too, so it must be wrong too, no? But i would still argue that faith and reason are still somehow relevant to eachother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fides_et_Ratio

And I by no means use or choose religion to better understand world around me. That's not its purpose. I always choose scientific observation over religious arguments when it comes to explaining the physical world around me and how it works. Because that's the purpose of science. The purpose of religion (in my opinion) isn't what i mentioned above. Its here to teach us about true morality, spirituality, the true path and bring people closer to God. And for those things, i would choose Christianity over science any day.Both have their purposes and they don't go against eachother and they shouldn't presume the roles of the other.

As for nothing leading to God, you're wrong. Arguments like the ''Cosmological Argument'' and ''Intelligent design'' point out that there has to be some prime mover of higher power that is timeless and causeless. That description best fits theistic or deistic description of a GOD. Even hardcore atheist like Richard Dawkins doesn't reject this idea of a God.

Back to my original point, you've just proven it. You can't stand someone thinking other way than you. And you're ''not gonna o bother substantiating your claim'' of course, because the fact that you said it alone makes it true... And world very much needs religion, seeing as how entire western civilization is based on christian morals.

Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:

Player1x3 said:

...Stuff...

This is what's so frustrating.  I'm not sure if you're deliberately avoiding my main point or if you just haven't picked up on it yet, so I don't think there's anything I can do for you to make you stop being an ignorant jackass.  

Religion is irrational, following it is irrational, and as long as religion makes high claims about the world without ANY attempts to substantiate those claims, I will continue to denouce it for the nonsense it is.  Nothing in our history of science has led to a god, the entire purpose of Religion was to make shit up to fill in the blanks science had yet to discover, and people would rather cling to that than go where the facts lie. Doing this is ignorant, and I will continue to act as such.  

The only reason I CARE is because religion IS so deeply embedded in our collective psyche, and it shouldn't be.  I'm not going to bother substantiating my claim becuase even if I proved conclusively that the world doesn't need religion, people would still believe becuase we can be irrational and believing in god is irrational. As long as religion is a tradition, facts will never get in the way of that fantasy.  You've proven it. 

First off, sorry for late reply, but like i said, i write with on-screen keyboard so its very hard to reply to long posts, so i have to seperate at least 1 hour of my time to answer to 1 post, and i've been busy for the last few days so...

You're the one that has completely missed my point. Im NOT trying to defend, prove or justify my or any religion to you. I was just trying to make you realize how hypocritical and double standard you are. Always poking at religion and its followers yet whine and scream anytime they express themselves or poke at you.

Yes, religion is irrational. And so is atheism and deism and pantheism etc etc... The only rational position is agnosticism. However, something being irrational doesn't mean its wrong or stupid. Love is irrational too, so it must be wrong too, no? But i would still argue that faith and reason are still somehow relevant to eachother

And I by no means use or choose religion to better understand world around me. That's not its purpose. I always choose scientific observation over religious arguments when it comes to explaining the physical world around me and how it works. Because that's the purpose of science. The purpose of religion (in my opinion) isn't what i mentioned above. Its here to teach us about true morality, spirituality, the true path and bring people closer to God. And for those things, i would choose Christianity over science any day.Both have their purposes and they don't go against eachother and they shouldn't presume the roles of the other.

As for nothing leading to God, you're wrong. Arguments like the ''Cosmological Argument'' and ''Intelligent design'' point out that there has to be some prime mover of higher power that is timeless and causeless. That description best fits theistic or deistic description of a GOD. Even hardcore atheist like Richard Dawkins doesn't reject this idea of a God.

Back to my original point, you've just proven it. You can't stand someone thinking other way than you. And you're ''not gonna o bother substantiating your claim'' of course, because the fact that you said it alone makes it true... And world very much needs religion, seeing as how entire western civilization is based on christian morals.

sure, whatever. if you say so, bro.  Whatever makes you sleep at night.  Torillian already told us both to knock it off or he'd ban us. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Player1x3 said:
...more nonsense...

not gonna bother reading everything, but here's something I think you might hate :P 

http://science.memebase.com/2012/03/29/funny-science-news-experiments-memes-adam-savage-at-the-reason-rally/

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
superbeast1370 said:
well, as a Conservative Christian, I'm against "gay Marriage", they should call it a Civil Union. one thing that does bother me is that they wear a Cross sometimes. I find it very offensive. but still...

Why does it offend you when gay people wear crosses? Where in the teachings of Christ, does he denounce homosexuality and / or exclude them from following his example?

Runa216 said:
Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:

Player1x3 said:

...Stuff...

sure, whatever. if you say so, bro.  Whatever makes you sleep at night.  Torillian already told us both to knock it off or he'd ban us. 

The good old ''shut up, you're dumb'' argument. Well, at least you proved my point.

Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:

The good old ''shut up, you're dumb'' argument. Well, at least you proved my point.

does the final word really mean that much to you? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX