By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

spurgeonryan said:

He added that the traditional family and marriage had to be "defended from every possible misrepresentation of their true nature" because, he said, whatever injured families injured society.

So gays getting married injures families?

8/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Mertle said:
"Looks like you'll have to hope so for the rest of your life then, 'cause it ain't gonna happen"

Yeah sadly the governement dont have the balls to do the correct thing anymore.

Uh, no... The government represent the people, and the people want gays to be able to get married.

Does it take balls to make decisions that goes against democracy?

crissindahouse said:
Millenium said:
Solution:

Pass a bill to legalize sodomizing underage kids, that should make the Vatican happy.

*Waits for shit storm to ensue*

someone had to say it :)

i mean, there a thousands of cases known and i can't imagine how many nobody knows about! just give pastors the chance to have an own family or this shit will never be stopped (or at least much less)

Doubtfull.  The occurence rate of child molestation in the catholic church in studies tends to range from "Not as bad as the general population" to "Same as general population".  No more.

The real reason people make a big deal about it is because the Catholic Church completely f'd up in handling it.  Instead of reporting priests to the proper authorities, they tried to cure them on their own.

Example.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/04/07/mean-men.html

Kasz216 said:
crissindahouse said:
Millenium said:
Solution:

Pass a bill to legalize sodomizing underage kids, that should make the Vatican happy.

*Waits for shit storm to ensue*

someone had to say it :)

i mean, there a thousands of cases known and i can't imagine how many nobody knows about! just give pastors the chance to have an own family or this shit will never be stopped (or at least much less)

Doubtfull.  The occurence rate of child molestation in the catholic church is actually lower then the general population at large.

The real reason people make a big deal about it is because the Catholic Church completely f'd up in handling it.  Instead of reporting priests to the proper authorities, they tried to cure them on their own.

hmm i don't know here in germany there are many scandals the last years with thousnads of victims and i don't believe it's different in other countries just because it wasn't a huge scandal like here with new victims talking about it every day.

for example more than hundred in just one monastery. from one to another day you did hear from other places and other vitims as well. years before you did hear nothing about all of that.

and how did they make the studies? i mean, people who were in a monestary for years are maybe not so "open" to talk about those things than someone who was victim in the neighbourhood. i read many times now that these kids didn't say anything because noone did believe them . everyone was jsut like "no way it's a monk or pastor"

if you said "my neighbout did it" people believed the kids but not when they said "it was the pastor". when they said it about the pastor they got even more trouble! because a pastor was a holy and how could a kid say something this bad about such a great person?

yep, that's how it was for them, talking about it to your teacher or so and you got a punch in your face from this teacher.

and even if the numbers aren't higher percentual, i mean aren't they pastors? this is unbelievable, they are the persons religious people trust more than anyone else. they aren't average persons you can trust or not.  this is more than evil!

fuck that old idiot. And not in the good way.

Around the Network

I'm a little concerned there are so many people on here arguing that the Pope shouldn't be publicly talking about gay marriage.

He's the POPE, of the worldwide Catholic Church. These important issues are exactly what he should be talking about. It's his obligation to talk about them. Doesn't mean you have to agree with him, but at least let the man speak without jumping down his throat.

Well to bad I guess.

the pope wants to take away or overrule my 6 year old marriage? Why should I be okay with that?

Dang it, Benedict. You're supposed to be one of the few leaders I like. Must you do this?

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

You can tell he's in denial.