By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The make PATAPON popular thread

New 1up show has a patapon segment, catch it!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I love this thread title for some reason.

Hehe

btw nice to see that you are also going to buy Patapon ckmlb ^^

weezy said:

I honestly can't see this game selling 250k worldwide.

IMO this game will sell under 100k.

Doesnt draw any intrest to me. As you can see,saleswise, the ppl dont care either..

MOHH ( the first one ) had a crappy first week to , but still did over 600k :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Guys, FYI

Patapon demo UMD will be arriving within the next one to two weeks. You can get one if you preorder your game at Gamestop.

If you play through this demo, you can save your progress. When you get your real copy, you can start off where the demo ended.

The exciting part is, you will get the super-cool-demo-only “SPEAR OF PROTECTION” that will transfer to the final game once you load the save data. How cool is that??

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/01/25/patapost-friday-demo-pon-pata-details/

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

Thats such a cool feature ... I would like to see more games doing that ... but maybe with a downloadable demo , and every 100k downloader would get a different weapon :D

weezy said:

I honestly can't see this game selling 250k worldwide.

IMO this game will sell under 100k.

Doesnt draw any intrest to me. As you can see,saleswise, the ppl dont care either..

First of all i must premise that I am NOT a fan of PSP, I hate its controls.

That said, IMVHO you are underestimating Patapon's potential, just like lots underestimated Wii up until it surpassed XBox360 in less than 10 months, despite the one year and more than 5 million units XBox360's advantage. I see in Patapon, in a smaller but not despisable scale, the potential of a refreshing novelty, a thing that on a much greater extent was at the root of Wii's success... Heck, it's so funny and crazy it could sell 250k in Japan alone!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I agree , it has chances ... big ones . Maybe even sell in the 5k region for a couple of years , and only then die .... we can never know :)

Is there actually already an EXACT release date?

It's announced today the exact release in Europe is 22nd february, huurray ^^