By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD: X360 #1 426k, PS3 360k, Wii 228k, 3DS 262k, PSV 225k

225k-ish for launch is not that great. March will probably be lower for Vita, launch sales tend to be front loaded as that's where the early adopters get in. Plus iPad 3 is going to eat up a lot of media hype + disposal income for a lot of folks in March. 

I think Sony is in trouble with Vita in North America. Maybe Europe will go better for them.

The other issue for Sony is really looking at their release list for the next 4-5 months ... they don't have much that I think would move systems. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

225k-ish for launch is not that great. March will probably be lower for Vita, launch sales tend to be front loaded as that's where the early adopters get in. Plus iPad 3 is going to eat up a lot of media hype + disposal income for a lot of folks in March. 

I think Sony is in trouble with Vita in North America. Maybe Europe will go better for them.

The other issue for Sony is really looking at their release list for the next 4-5 months ... they don't have much that I think would move systems. 

Vita is in big trouble in US and Japan. Europe alone can not save the Vita.

ethomaz said:

Sony PR.

“After months of anticipation, the U.S. launch of PlayStation Vita saw overwhelming enthusiasm amongst gamers, resulting in exceptional hardware, software and peripheral sales. As reported last week, more than 1.2M PS Vita units have been sold globally since launch. Customer satisfaction rates are very high and momentum will continue as gamers get their hands on a deep lineup of blockbuster titles that take advantage of PS Vita’s unique features, including cross-platform play with the PlayStation 3.”

embarrassing 

Aj_habfan said:
Classic NPD adjustment month, preetty clear ioi made the right call last month by not adjusting numbers.

yup. Still waiting for the month where they adjust the December numbers :P

Eurogamer

The US launch of PS Vita was met with "overwhelming enthusiasm" from gamers, Sony has insisted.

SCEA's corporate communications boss Patrick Seybold said Vita had enjoyed "exceptional" sales in the US.

"After months of anticipation, the US launch of PlayStation Vita saw overwhelming enthusiasm amongst gamers, resulting in exceptional hardware, software and peripheral sales," he said.

Sony failed, however, to reveal a US sales figure. Instead, it pointed to its already announced global sales total of 1.2 million, made since Vita's launch in December last year in Japan.

"Customer satisfaction rates are very high and momentum will continue as gamers get their hands on a deep line-up of blockbuster titles that take advantage of PS Vita's unique features, including cross-platform play with the PlayStation 3," Seybold continued.

Last week analyst Nicholas Parker said Vita had sold 61,000 units during its UK launch. If the figure is accurate, Vita sold substantially fewer units than its predecessor, the PSP, which shifted 185,000 units during its launch window in 2005 in the UK - a record that still stands today.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Eurogamer

The US launch of PS Vita was met with "overwhelming enthusiasm" from gamers, Sony has insisted.

SCEA's corporate communications boss Patrick Seybold said Vita had enjoyed "exceptional" sales in the US.

"After months of anticipation, the US launch of PlayStation Vita saw overwhelming enthusiasm amongst gamers, resulting in exceptional hardware, software and peripheral sales," he said.

Sony failed, however, to reveal a US sales figure. Instead, it pointed to its already announced global sales total of 1.2 million, made since Vita's launch in December last year in Japan.

"Customer satisfaction rates are very high and momentum will continue as gamers get their hands on a deep line-up of blockbuster titles that take advantage of PS Vita's unique features, including cross-platform play with the PlayStation 3," Seybold continued.

Last week analyst Nicholas Parker said Vita had sold 61,000 units during its UK launch. If the figure is accurate, Vita sold substantially fewer units than its predecessor, the PSP, which shifted 185,000 units during its launch window in 2005 in the UK - a record that still stands today.

61k only!! O_o

Can someone summarise to me the adjustments needed to be made to the site's numbers following these reports? xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

So if it did 60k in Uk it is over tracked big time.

At least I was one of those 60k :)

standard results. nothing special here

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Seriously people, stop with the doom and gloom posts about the Vita. People do this with every damned console/handheld (except their favorite, of course) as soon as it releases, and they wind up having perfectly good sales.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.