By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD: X360 #1 426k, PS3 360k, Wii 228k, 3DS 262k, PSV 225k

Sweet! Vgchartz undertracked makes everybody happy :D ...at least I sincerely hope it does.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

So that pretty much comfirms the Vita has bombed in the US as well, just Europe numbers to come.

Very close 3ds and ps vita numbers,good work vgchartz.

Vita number is not good,it sure won't do 500k in three weeks like sony wished. It 's ok for wii to fall,this year Nintendo should concentrate on 3ds and WiiU lauch.

Very bad numbers for the vita but that was expected, is pretty expensive and doesnt have any must have games available

Sony PR.

“After months of anticipation, the U.S. launch of PlayStation Vita saw overwhelming enthusiasm amongst gamers, resulting in exceptional hardware, software and peripheral sales. As reported last week, more than 1.2M PS Vita units have been sold globally since launch. Customer satisfaction rates are very high and momentum will continue as gamers get their hands on a deep lineup of blockbuster titles that take advantage of PS Vita’s unique features, including cross-platform play with the PlayStation 3.”

Around the Network

Classic NPD adjustment month, preetty clear ioi made the right call last month by not adjusting numbers.

ethomaz said:

Sony PR.

“After months of anticipation, the U.S. launch of PlayStation Vita saw overwhelming enthusiasm amongst gamers, resulting in exceptional hardware, software and peripheral sales. As reported last week, more than 1.2M PS Vita units have been sold globally since launch. Customer satisfaction rates are very high and momentum will continue as gamers get their hands on a deep lineup of blockbuster titles that take advantage of PS Vita’s unique features, including cross-platform play with the PlayStation 3.”

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony didnt even talk about this NPD xD

I think the truth is there is no "DudeBros." 20-30 year old market for handhelds in North America.

If this audience wants a "big" game, that's what their 50-inch tv at home and PS3/360 is for. They don't want a Vita and they don't want Resident Evil on a 3DS.

They are ok with iOS/Android games if they feel an urge to game on the go and have a few minutes of playing time. You don't want a steak dinner at the movies ... popcorn and a soda does the job, and I think it's the same thing here. If they want to play a game with deep mechanics, they don't want to do that on the go.

Also I still think there is a big taboo towards grown men playing a "Game Boy/dedicated handheld" in any kind of social/public location where women may be around. No "DudeBros" guy is going to pull a giant Vita or 3DS on a college campus or a train etc.

This is where Apple cleans up, because you can be fiddling around on your iPhone and someone would just assume you're texting your friends, or on an iPad that you're doing work or reading a book. It doesn't have the same stereotype against it.

MANUELF said:
ethomaz said:

Sony PR.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony didnt even talk about this NPD xD

i know right

Sony PR is dodgy!

I mean they could brag about ps3 NPD numbers, but they preferred not, or they would had to bring NPD to Vita too.
I really thought those were good numbers, but now I'm not sure.