By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Congrats to Tbone, the new VgChartz Nintendo Nation President.

About a new poll... have you done one asking which GC/Wii games would we want to see a remake for WiiU? If not, you could have 2 polls right there.

Or you could make a joke poll asking what would we willing to give in order to make Nintendo and WiiU win this gen again: a kidney, our soul, our life, and arm...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

According to one website the limited edition of WW HD is sold out both at gamestop online store and in-store.

Can anyone confirm this (in-store sell out)?

This thread must not die!

So, a question: Would you like to see your 3DS games on TV through the Wii U (if that`s possible) or would you buy some device (like Vita TV) to play them on TV?

On one side, i would like Wii U to allow it; on the other side, having a portable device would allow me to play in my room or the living room. So, i`ll go with the device as it gives me the best option.

spurgeonryan said:
DélioPT said:
This thread must not die!

So, a question: Would you like to see your 3DS games on TV through the Wii U (if that`s possible) or would you buy some device (like Vita TV) to play them on TV?

On one side, i would like Wii U to allow it; on the other side, having a portable device would allow me to play in my room or the living room. So, i`ll go with the device as it gives me the best option.

Ys! I would love that. Just like on old Nintendo devices or even the change to play them on the gamepad! That would be cool right?

While away I bought a ton of N64 games. Donkey kong 64 ( thought I had most of them , but they just keep coming. Getting a bunch of imports soon now.) Bomberban, wrestling games, Mario Tennis, Duke Nukem 64, etc. My collection is huge now!

Yeah, if it was a device, it could stream directly to the gamepad and you could then play even away from the tv where Wii U is connected to.

I hope Nintendo does this aswell. Don`t think it would cause any kind of competition with Wii U or even sales of 3DS - as i don`t think people who opt for that instead of a actual 3DS.

^ Like the gamepad? In what way? Only one screen?

Around the Network

Pezus' freedom is a simple and non-important offering for such a thing.

@Ryan: For the 3DS it will be a tough choice to lose the second screen. But it`s not like people would mind. Most people use always one screen on their phones, tablets, PCs, etc. It just that 2 is always better than one and the experience is less complex.

Don`t know if Wii U 2 will lose the gamepad. In a world dominated with tablets, it`s more appeaking than a simple controller. They might improve it.

Speaking of that, what if the next handheld and home console really are integrated into one?

What if the next home console comes in two SKUs? One with the controller and console and another just with the console.

The reason one comes just with the console is that the new handheld is actually the same as the controller (same but not in shape; in buttons, specs) that comes with the console. That way, people who already own a handheld don`t have to pay the extra 100 bucks (assuming the controller would cost that) and could still have both worlds: console games and handheld games, for less money.

So, even if the next handheld is less powerful, it wouldn`t make a difference.

This would also be important as it would provide a great value and faster penetration of new HW. Also, allowing people who would want another controller with screen to be already in possession of a new handheld.

Think it would work?

@DélioPT: That's what I've been thinking, a home console that uses Nintendo's handheld as the controller.

That way, Nintendo don't have to "fear" about smartphones killing the handheld market as they will bring to that market the people like me who don't play handhels (in my case because I find buttons to be too small). And on the console front, with the handheld being released earlier it will provide consumers with more games that would minimize the droughts we are used to, allowing them to play on the go or on the TV screen. That is, assuming the next handheld console has a touchscreen of 720p and that the home console can upscale that to 1080p (or will it be 4K by then?) when gaming on the TV.

And yes, they could sell 2 SKUs of the console, with or without the handheld/controller. But the biggest problem would be price, a 150-200 € handheld and a 200-250 € home console would make it an expensive SKU for those who don't have the handheld. And let's be honest, a 250 € console wouldn't have a lot of power...

In any case, we'll have more basis for this rumors/hypothesis when the next handheld is announced. If it only has 1 screen (and a new name not DS related) then I can see this theories having more ground, because if it's already hard to play with 2 screens with the WiiU, imagine 3!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I am back. I love nintendo

Switch!!!

You should be able to play the 3DS on the Wii U (TV screen displays the top screen and you can use the 3DS bottom screen still). Anyone use the MH3U 3DS - Wii U connection? I believe you can play co op offline connecting the 3DS to the Wii U. However, one person plays on the Wii U and the other on the 3DS I believe.