By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wow! 'No' is in the lead! I wouldn't want to use it as a portable device either, though.

That can't be a good sign since that's supposed to be it's big draw. 

It's not meant to be used as say, the 3DS. It is meant to be used only inside the house.

That's not true though.  Nintendo want it to be a home console / handheld.

I don't remember them mentioning that.

Maybe not exactly word for word, but what do you think the controller is intended for.

I hope they don't think that people want to carry that around in Publix or something. That would be stupid if they expected people to buy it for the use of a portable console.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wow! 'No' is in the lead! I wouldn't want to use it as a portable device either, though.

It's not meant to be used as say, the 3DS. It is meant to be used only inside the house.

Maybe not exactly word for word, but what do you think the controller is intended for.

I hope they don't think that people want to carry that around in Publix or something. That would be stupid if they expected people to buy it for the use of a portable console.

It would be no different than carrying around an iPad.  I'm not a handheld guy, but would carry it around on the train and stuff like that if I was addicted to a game that I could stream to the controller.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:

It would be no different than carrying around an iPad.  I'm not a handheld guy, but would carry it around on the train and stuff like that if I was addicted to a game that I could stream to the controller.

I doubt many people would want to do that though. The iPad is streamlined, it looks no more out of place than a laptop. The Wii U controller looks clunkier (not by too much but it's noticeable) and it has all those buttons, non-gamers (casual or less hardcore) would not catch on to the concept becaus of the way it looks.

NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:

I doubt many people would want to do that though. The iPad is streamlined, it looks no more out of place than a laptop. The Wii U controller looks clunkier (not by too much but it's noticeable) and it has all those buttons, non-gamers (casual or less hardcore) would not catch on to the concept becaus of the way it looks.

So are you saying that people won't want to it carry around because it doesn't look cool?  Kind of like that purple lunch box?  :p

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:

So are you saying that people won't want to it carry around because it doesn't look cool?  Kind of like that purple lunch box?  :p

Exactly. Gamers (you and me) might not mind, a kid or a teenager who just likes playing a game ever-so-often won't want to look odd carrying it around. It's a society thing.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:

Exactly. Gamers (you and me) might not mind, a kid or a teenager who just likes playing a game ever-so-often won't want to look odd carrying it around. It's a society thing.

Would you mind if I turned the basis of this conversation into a thread in a couple of days?

amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
NintendoPie said:

Would you mind if I turned the basis of this conversation into a thread in a couple of days?

If you credit me then sure!

I like to be able to travel with the tablet and download stuff from stores such as Nintendo World here in New York!

I don't really understand why it's taking Rayman Origins 3D so long. There better be a good reason for a three month delay. Usually if it's like a month delay it's to fix bugs or to make more copies.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I don't really understand why it's taking Rayman Origins 3D so long. There better be a good reason for a three month delay. Usually if it's like a month delay it's to fix bugs or to make more copies.

I bet you there is no reason. I hate when companies do this crap!