By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
spurgeonryan said:
TrevDaRev said:
Honestly, how much do you think the Wii U will be at launch?

I think that we would be safer saying it was going to be at least 349.99 at launch. Which is not too bad for what we are supposedly getting. An HD tablet, a game I would assume, a huge list of Launch games, an HD Nintendo console that plays Wii games as well, etc.

299.99 would be great, but I am happy to pay what normal game systems start out at. It does not have to stay there for long. If Nintendo does go the 299.99 route then they will make a lot of gamers happy, but will crippled their profit I think. Which no business would want to do.

We will see though.

How about you?

349.99 sounds good. I was burnt somewhat by the Wii, just didn't play it much. I like how the Wii U is shaping up, it's more akin to a hardcore system opposed to a casual one like the Wii. Will wait until the other two announce their next consoles, although if it did launch at 299 I'd be very tempted.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
VicViper said:

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D boxart

March 16th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

-super awesome DQ cover-

I simply loved this cover. Akira Toriyama is just fantastic. Really hope this game sell well and DQ stays on 3DS.

Wow! That is a full cover. Really cool, I doubt the Western version will be like that though. More toned down probably.

We might not even get it over here. =( I hope we do though. It looks like a good game. The cover art is very, very pretty!! If we do get it I want them to keep that!

TrevDaRev said:

I'm thinking 299.99 USD. Or at least that is what I want it to be. I don't think Nintendo will be too stupid on the price though, they should have learned.

Be honest Ryan, you just like the Mariners because Nintendo owns them. They are a pretty bad team... except for Ichiro who is consistently one of the best players in baseball.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

NintendoPie said:
TrevDaRev said:

I'm thinking 299.99 USD. Or at least that is what I want it to be. I don't think Nintendo will be too stupid on the price though, they should have learned.

I think it can do great! If it's released at 349 USD this x-mas they can drop the prize at next x-mas, when the next MicroSony consoles hits the stores - giving the WiiU an advantage! Plus, it'll have built up quite a library of games (apparently there's 70 titles in development at the moment) - and if it's true that the NextBox won't have a disc drive it won't be backward compatible... that's just another edge to the WiiU!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I really like the way they handled this list, particularly with the little aesthetics:

The ridge reduction needs to be addressed, the matte finish would be welcomed, the hinge is certainly in need of improvement, lose the cake layer look and slim down the muffin top, and they definitely need to revise those abysmal start/select/home buttons... I HATE those.

That does look pretty nice. I just bought my 3DS so i'd be like "noooooooo!" *forks over cash*
The Screen ridge thing is annoying, i have to keep some rubber stoppers on my top screen to keep from it closing all the way. I'm also not a fan of the start select or home button locations. I wish they would color the slide pad too instead of just leaving it grey.

I like the matte finishes too but they need something to physically differentiate the 3DS from the DSi. Also, more colors please, I wanna see some orange, green, purple, and yellow 3ds's.

Here's to hoping there's more productive work going on at MIT than that described in the article.

Also if you're interested, one of the most promising possibilities of quantum computing technology is in an algorithm that is far more efficient at solving NP problems than any classical algorithm could be, developed by Peter Shor.

DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
TrevDaRev said:

I think it can do great! If it's released at 349 USD this x-mas they can drop the prize at next x-mas, when the next MicroSony consoles hits the stores - giving the WiiU an advantage! Plus, it'll have built up quite a library of games (apparently there's 70 titles in development at the moment) - and if it's true that the NextBox won't have a disc drive it won't be backward compatible... that's just another edge to the WiiU!

I understand but at that lower price the Wii U would sell more. That could off set a lower price.

UnitSmiley said:
That does look pretty nice. I just bought my 3DS so i'd be like "noooooooo!" *forks over cash*
The Screen ridge thing is annoying, i have to keep some rubber stoppers on my top screen to keep from it closing all the way. I'm also not a fan of the start select or home button locations. I wish they would color the slide pad too instead of just leaving it grey.

I like the matte finishes too but they need something to physically differentiate the 3DS from the DSi. Also, more colors please, I wanna see some orange, green, purple, and yellow 3ds's.

I've got no problem with the screen ridge thing. ^^" Also, the 3DS's color range keeps expanding, watch out for the newest colors!