By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Chinatown Wars was one of the highest rated mil+ selling games for the DS

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

I think that magazine completely missed the point of the image by inverting it, since it shows Sora falling from grace and Rikku ascending!

But it's a nice piece of artwork.

I guess yes. The more freedom you get the better right?

spurgeonryan said:

Do you want to be able to use your Wii tablet outside of the home?

I voted no.  The WiiU tablet is a controller, not a computing tablet.

Do I want some tablet functionality at home with the U pad?  Absolutely.  Do I want to take that thing with me?  Absolutely not.  That's what real, bona fide tablets are for:  Computing, web-surfing, and playing some simple games on the go for those who enjoy that, while the 3DS is for true, full-fledged portable gaming.

I voted yes: I'd LOVE to take it with me playing some kick ass game on the go! Thing is: it ain't happening. They'd be competing with 3DS - and that's just stupid: making two products that does the same thing...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I guess yes. The more freedom you get the better right?

I would say that if they are going to go all out, and if they really are trying to make Apple pay for its sins against the consoles then they will make it possible for it to leave the house. I think that we are too focused on playing the wii U with it, but when you leave the house being able to lay old Nintendo games on it or other apps then that would be great!  Or even play demos of new games.

Next question: If Nintendo does do this, does that mean that the 3DS could be the last handheld from them if the tablet becomes really popular?

Oh wait... I meant being able to take it outside... not being able to go to the store with it. That is what their portables are for.

spurgeonryan said:

Question for you. How does the ipad work when you are driving or going places? Do you have to search for a new wireless signal each time you stop? With my Kindle Fire I have to change wireless signals each time I go somewhere. So other than using it to watch a few movies or read I do not surf the internet or hardly ever bring it out and about with me.

I have no idea, Spurge.  I don't own a tablet yet.  My friend would know; he owns an iPad 2 but he's unavailable right now...

DanneSandin said:
I voted yes: I'd LOVE to take it with me playing some kick ass game on the go! Thing is: it ain't happening. They'd be competing with 3DS - and that's just stupid: making two products that does the same thing...

The concept of being able to play something at home and then just take it with you on the fly is cool, but the U pad just isn't made for portability due to first, its size (it's designed to be ergonomically friendly as a controller, not thin like a tablet), and second, its inner tech, which is basically a dummy recipient for the WiiU console's signal.  And while it could feature memory that allowed for something simple to be loaded onto it until it was turned off, like you said, the 3DS would be far more suited for that.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D boxart

March 16th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay

I simply loved this cover. Akira Toriyama is just fantastic. Really hope this game sell well and DQ stays on 3DS.

Honestly, how much do you think the Wii U will be at launch?