By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but apparently the whole Metroid - Star Fox crossover rumor has been shot down by the same guy who started the rumor in the first place.  Supposedly there were actual talks at Nintendo about a possible crossover at some point, but it won't be happening anytime soon, if at all.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/31/nintendos-starfox-metroid-mashup-from-retro-studios-is-a-no-go/

I for one am thankful that we won't ever get to see this disaster in the making.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Apparently GT.TV's Geoff Keighley just dropped a somewhat expected bomb during Spike TV's All Access Weekly. During a snippet, Keighley said that 'Mario Wii U' would be a launch title. Now...I think we're all expecting New Super Mario Bros. Mii to be a Wii U launch title. Whether that's what Keighley was talking about remains to be seen.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178330

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Hmm, two 2 2d marios in one year + animal crossing + the rest

Nintendo won't surpass this year for the rest of the generation. Period.

spurgeonryan said:
VicViper said:
Hmm, two 2 2d marios in one year + animal crossing + the rest

Nintendo won't surpass this year for the rest of the generation. Period.

Unless they continue to rush projects.

Well, outside of Mario Kart, which other game was rushed? Most 3DS games, 1st and 3rd party -  were announced what, 1 and a half-2 years ago? Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion,  Ace Attorney vs Layton... most of the games were from before 3DS launch

I think they're using the strategy "big guns first" to secure a large user base for the future.

Teaser for the upcoming 3DS Castlevania Mirror of Fate

Enphasis on "teaser"

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Some would say Skyward sword and the new Mario games are rushed.

Skyward Sword rushed? 5 years in development?

Same for Mario... the last one is 2009

I don't get it. Mario Kart was rushed reportedly, but turn out ok - even more now with the patch. Other than that, I don't really agree on any other - they were all announced a long time ago.

spurgeonryan said:
I loved skyward sword, and never cared to play super Mario 3Dland. But there was talk a while back about rush jobs. Pilot wings, OoT, Star fox are all just ports that were not made with too many extras. Now six months after the last 3DS Mario we are getting another one. (6-9 months)

What about that?

No we're not getting another... one is 3D the other is 2D, I, and pretty much everyone else, consider them a lot different. Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMB were released less than 6 months from each other.

And Pilotwings Resort is not a remake it's a new game completely. I have all 3 PW games, I would know!

spurgeonryan said:
Meh.... although Seth Nintendo says pilot wings 3D is worth the purchase. I loved the 64 version.
What did you think? Was it worth a purchase?

Definitely. But I really like it for the trial and error thing more than anything - like beating your own times and scores and things like that. So if you're not into this stuff, maybe it's not for you.

It's more about clever missions and perfecting your flight.

I'm going to predict that the Mario Wii-U is going tobe  a NSMB game and that it will be able to interact with NSMB 2 for the 3DS.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Going back to the teaser trailer. It seems Nintendo may be handling all the announcements/unveils. So this will probably mean a rather sparse news (for WiiU) for EA's and Ubisofts pressers.
Sorry I partly made this post because it annoyed me that the thread was at 2400 responses even. But only partly, this was something I brought up on another thread (E3 thread)