By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Am I wrong or Nintendo said when they launched the 3DS that they didn't make the touch screen a 3D screen because touching it ruined the 3D effect?

Why are they launching a stylus for the 3D screen now? It doesn't make sense.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Nintendo patent reveals new kind of input for 3DS, vibrating stylus

- uses the 3DS console's inner-facing camera along with a stylus
- allows you to manipulate 3D images on the top screen
- inward-facing camera detects a 'marker' applied to the end of a stylus
- the 3DS can calculate the marker's position in 3D space based on its size and position
- by moving the stylus further away, the object could appear to 'come out' of the screen
- move the stylus nearer and the object would appear to move deeper into the 3D space
- you could also use this system with the outer camera
- includes a new kind of stylus with a vibration function
- also includes a marker allowing it to be tracked by the 3DS camera
- you can also place the market on your finger

That doesn't even seem like it could work. The screen isn't designed to be touched...?

I don't think you're touching the screen. Just the object that's being projected in 3D. I guess you're supposed to use 3D with this for realism.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

JEMC said:
Am I wrong or Nintendo said when they launched the 3DS that they didn't make the touch screen a 3D screen because touching it ruined the 3D effect?

Fingerprints and smudges reduce the 3D effect--this patent allows for finger use but seems to emphasize stylus input, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Kind of neat how it can effectively turn the top screen into a touch screen.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
JEMC said:

Fingerprints and smudges reduce the 3D effect--this patent allows for finger use but seems to emphasize stylus input, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Kind of neat how it can effectively turn the top screen into a touch screen.

Thanks. Yes, it makes sense.

Now the problem I see with that stylus is that, judging by the pic, it is too big. It doesn't fit in the slot for the regulr stylus. And that may be a problem.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

LOL, "Vibrating" stylus?!

spurgeonryan said:

Looks like a demented version of Animal Crossing.

Anything too happy is automatically demented!

I need to post here because it's been 1,000 posts since my last post in this thread O.o

GJ!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

For you, Kid Icarus noobs!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

For you, Kid Icarus noobs!

Wow, amazing! I will watch that later!