By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! - Everything up (software and hardware) - March 3rd (Vita = 167k)

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Why does everyone suddenly think Vita needs a price drop simply because the 3ds had one?
It's like everyone gets their business lessons from Nintendo.

Wait for them to release some more games and then let's see how it does.

There's nothing meaningful in the pipeline until... October?

Then again, no price drop would accelerate the failure, so by all means it should be done as you say.

Like persona 4 in june and little busters this month?

little big planet and silent hill in us at end of this month, MLB:the show, unit 13, and motorstorm 2 days ago?

Persona and little busters are going to slam the japanese market.
The other games won't be doorbusters but they will do quite well on their own.

And the announcement of what is sure to be new monster hunter and tomorrow?

But sure, keep throwing logs into the fire. It's more entertaining that way.

Around the Network

My friend to buy Vita had to visit four large stores, they told him in two that it is sold up, in third one there were only 3G models, then in fourth one he finally found it. Well PSP was (and is) very popular in Poland (we live in Warsaw), hence people want to buy Vita.

Aside from PS3 and 3DS, everything looks quite bad...

Cold Light said:
Vita's initial performance horror (similar to the 3DS one) confirmed?

It needs games, internal memory, price cut and exciting announcements just like an air. I hope E3 will show us some of these things. And it will improve in the future.

Internal memory? :S Are you serious? What will Sony tell to people who spent A LOT of money in memory cards?

You will never see a Vita with internal memory, until we get a redesign (maybe).

No price cut. 3DS's price cut worked because it was a very huge price cut. And I still believe they didn't need that. Games would have been enough.

Vita just needs games.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Like persona 4 in june and little busters this month?

little big planet and silent hill in us at end of this month, MLB:the show, unit 13, and motorstorm 2 days ago?

Persona and little busters are going to slam the japanese market.
The other games won't be doorbusters but they will do quite well on their own.

And the announcement of what is sure to be new monster hunter and tomorrow?

But sure, keep throwing logs into the fire. It's more entertaining that way.

I was always under the impression that Persona isn't that big of a seller. P4 on the PS2 sold 0.36m copies in Japan, should we expect an enhanced version of an old game to do better than this? Well, P3 on the PSP did better than the PS2 version, but the PSP was a successful system at that point. So I really don't know about that.

The games for America aren't really worth talking about.

Let's wait until tomorrow. But regardless of the games that get announced, the PSV needs a price cut this year. At least we both agree that Sony shouldn't do it.

Yes, let retailers drop the price instead :D

Atlus has been growing in popularity with every release. I think P4 will definitely outsell p3, and ps2's ps4 as well.
Little busters will probably open at 20k and lifetime it to 100k.

Around the Network
MattyPeq said:
Cold Light said:
Vita's initial performance horror (similar to the 3DS one) confirmed?

It needs games, internal memory, price cut and exciting announcements just like an air. I hope E3 will show us some of these things. And it will improve in the future.

Internal memory? :S Are you serious? What will Sony tell to people who spent A LOT of money in memory cards?

You will never see a Vita with internal memory, until we get a redesign (maybe).

No price cut. 3DS's price cut worked because it was a very huge price cut. And I still believe they didn't need that. Games would have been enough.

Vita just needs games.

Plus, vita will have modded memory card adaptors within the year.

I am waiting to see how much effort Sony places on this new handheld. If they don't give it the right amount of attention, then I'm never going to buy it. Recently, they seem to be doing everything half-way, and I'm not going to give them my money anymore until they really get their act together and optimize the software for their gadgets. I just hope they decide to copy Apple in two things, 1. Making sure that their hardware is open and easy to develop by independent game developers & software engineers. & 2. Optimize the hell out of the gadget. (My PS3 still has a shit web browser, can't play MKV, Flac, files and they want me to pay for new hardware?! Hell no. Give people what they want Sony, and I'm sure high demand will follow.

I strongly believe that many people don't trust Sony products to deliver on unique experiences anymore, but they believe that Nintendo & Apple can and that is why their is higher demand for those devices.

The IPad3 and PSVita may have similar specs, but I think people are not looking at that, they instead are weighing on which company will provide them with the best user-friendly interface that will keep them connected to their web/gaming & social life. (This of-course doesn't apply to core gamers who only want to play video games; however, it is my believe that core gamers that want a cheap handhelds are blinded by past experiences. Once they discover the right gadget that will let them do everything that they want to do & play their favorite video games, they won't care for the price, They will find some way to buy it.)

theprof00 said:
Why does everyone suddenly think Vita needs a price drop simply because the 3ds had one?
It's like everyone gets their business lessons from Nintendo.

Wait for them to release some more games and then let's see how it does.

Yes. Sony surely must do its best to avoid excessive drop of USA and EU sales an to boost Japanese ones, bust an early price cut should be the last resource.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Great ps3 and 3ds sales as usual.. Ps vita, decent enough and the rest, poor.

Persona 4... will do so little on Vita... like a 100k opening week max.
It needs (any of these):

1 - Lots (LOTS!) of original games or
2 - Some (3-4) big games (final fantasy, phantasy star, persona 5, new tales, etc) or
3 - Monster Hunter

And it needs one of these fast. Since option two is the most probable, I'll stick to it. That's Vita Heaven for me - 3-4 games that make a difference releasing sometime this semester.

If none of those options are released before MH4 arrives on 3DS then it's all over, it'll be too late to try to change anything.