By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! - Everything up (software and hardware) - March 3rd (Vita = 167k)

VGKing said:
Are 3DS sales bad or are the Xbox 360 sales just really good?

3DS sales are pretty lame. I guess that's what happens when no 3DS games come out over the course of a week. I personally expect 3DS sales to remain subpar in America until later this month, when Kid Icarus gives the system a bit of a boost.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Say, whatever happened to Mario & Sonic on the 3DS? That game should be doing pretty well!

Love and tolerate.

leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
Didn't Jack T want 500k in the first 3 weeks in the US for Vita?

Most of us commented... well thats a low estimate it will easily make that.

It will be about 300k to 315k... these are poor numbers pure and simple.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140403

It's still missing a week, so about 350k

its 280k now, it aint doing 70k next week.

either they're undershipping, or it's undertracked, or there's a shipment problem for stores because the vita is sold out in many many areas, and so are it's games.....

Given that I haven't heard a single case of what you are talking about. If such a case did happen, you would bet that it will be all over the internet, hell all the retailers I just checked (American version of the websites, even if I am Canadian), have it in stock. 

Maybe you should give us your City, so we can even see if stock levels are low. 

EpicLight said:
Hmm, I'm very suprised at vita sales, but at the same time I'm not. Other people's hype had me thinking the Vita would outsell the 3ds at least at launch.

Last week was launch, and it outsold the 3DS in the US, and WW.

Acevil said:
leo-j said:

either they're undershipping, or it's undertracked, or there's a shipment problem for stores because the vita is sold out in many many areas, and so are it's games.....

Given that I haven't heard a single case of what you are talking about. If such a case did happen, you would bet that it will be all over the internet, hell all the retailers I just checked (American version of the websites, even if I am Canadian), have it in stock. 

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sony/vita/ Doesn't appear to be stock problems at all. In fact most places still have FEBs. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Very much doubt it's out of stock, anecdotal evidence means nothing ...

I'm surprised they aimed so high in the US, 500k was a tall order.

Zim said:
Acevil said:
leo-j said:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sony/vita/ Doesn't appear to be stock problems at all. In fact most places still have FEBs. 

I know it isn't having any problem with stock levels also thanks for the site. I want to know his location and I can check stock levels as well for specific stores. Basically someone is trying to paint a better picture of the product and based on that persons history, we shouldn't be surprised. 

Acevil said:
Zim said:
Acevil said:
leo-j said:

I know it isn't having any problem with stock levels also thanks for the site. I want to know his location and I can check stock levels as well for specific stores. Basically someone is trying to paint a better picture of the product and based on that persons history, we shouldn't be surprised. 

He lives in Miami, Florida. Had a look to see if it's in his profile and someone asked what state he lived in and he replied with that http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/70753/christian973/wall/#content
So yea guess you can check stock levels in Miami. Not sure simply Miami would count as ''many, many areas'' lol. I actually haven't seen leo-j since I think the last time I was posting on the site (maybe 3 or more years ago?) and I still remember his history lol.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:
Acevil said:
Zim said:
Acevil said:
leo-j said:

He lives in Miami, Florida. Had a look to see if it's in his profile and someone asked what state he lived in and he replied with that http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/70753/christian973/wall/#content
So yea guess you can check stock levels in Miami. Not sure simply Miami would count as ''many, many areas'' lol. I actually haven't seen leo-j since I think the last time I was posting on the site (maybe 3 or more years ago?) and I still remember his history lol.

Okay for the only store that I am going to bother with which is Bestbuy, all locations in Miami have AVAILABLE NOW listed. 
Edit: Just noticed that gamestop was also easy to do for the city of Miami, and save to say they are both big enough retailers, and Gamestop also has all "in stock". 

Seece said:
Acevil said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Very much doubt it's out of stock, anecdotal evidence means nothing ...

I'm surprised they aimed so high in the US, 500k was a tall order.

It was not a target

It was -  Jack Tretton: "I would be very pleased if we could sell 500k in three weeks like in japan - therefore japan launch wasn't a failure". Actual quote may be diferent.