By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you want Nintendo to make better with an eventual 3DS upgrade?

Second analog is so overrated, seriously. Just use a center camera button and there.
In fact, probably one of the reasons I moved on to portables is that excessive desire of developers to simulate a mouse with it on consoles. I still can't believe people prefer playing some genres with that instead of a mouse.
And it really limits you, since you only have easy access to the shoulder buttons. The problem is even worse with vita or 3ds, because you don't have the push-in buttons.

Anyway, with that said... I think I'll buy another 3DS if they improve anything, be the screen, battery life or... general beauty of the thing.

Around the Network

Take the DSiXL:
- Switch top screen to widescreen 3D.
- Keep Start and Select just where they are.
- Replace the power button for the home button.
- Locate the power switch on the side just like the DSlite.
- Move 3DS wireless switch further down.
- Move SD slot where it is located for the 3DS
- Replace volume buttons with 3DS volume slider.
- Add the 3DS 3D slider.
- Move Dpad and buttons slightly higher.
- Add the circle pads just below it (increase height if needed)
- Keep the bottom part of the system matte.
- Keep DSi camera and mic.
- Add 3DS outward cameras with increased resolution.
- Increase batteries mAh.
- Increase internal storage a bit.
- Release it bundled with Skype.

Maybe add an electronic compass if possible.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

- XL version

- Second analog circle pad

- Way better battery

- Does NOT scratch the upper screen just by closing it!

- More space to move around the circle pads, kind of like the Wii U controller

That's all I ask.

I desperately want a bigger screen, at least 4" and dual circle pads

more internal memory would also be nice.

I just want them to put the start/select buttons in more comfortable places. Right now they're hard to reach when in an action-heavy game and you want to pause in the middle of, say, a heated MK7 race. The Home button's fine there, but the start button's definitely not.

Come to think of it... what's the select button for? I can't actually remember ever having used it. Hmm.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Come to think of it... what's the select button for? I can't actually remember ever having used it. Hmm.

You need it for the Konami codes.

There isn't much I would change. Just make it slightly bigger and see if they can if they can improve the 3D viewing angle.

I don't care about a second circle pad because I'm unlikely to ever use it.

VGChartz

personally i prefer the circle pad pro instead of a revised version with another stick.

reasons:
- shoulder buttons
- comfortable in hand
- more weight

teigaga said:
I desperately want a bigger screen, at least 4" and dual circle pads

more internal memory would also be nice.

I'm confused. Didnt your 3DS come with a free 2Gig SD card? Mine did.

i would assume if you want more memory you can just replace it with a bigger one.

Personally, the only thing i would like on a redesign would be a second analog, but im not the type that buys a console several times over, so im perfectly fine with my current one and if i want i can get the pad extension.

I think a revision to exist would increase the proportions of the system and make it less slick than it is currently. I dont want a brick like the Vita.

I'll take a 3DSXL considering I believe the size is too small for my above average Viking hands.