By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony complies a list of the top 10 most earned Platinums. The #1 is unexpected.

Tagged games:

How many of these do you have?

7-10 15 12.40%

4-6 19 15.70%

1-3 40 33.06%

None 23 19.01%

Bah, Trophies can kiss my arse. 24 19.83%

Total:121
axumblade said:
Kinda shocked Sly Collection is on there. I know it's an easy platinum to get but I didn't realize that so many people have played through it.

Its only the first game on the list not the whole collection.

Around the Network

Out of the whole list I've got 6 platinums. 

Of that list I only contributed to the Uncharteds

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I have infamous :D

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

I don't have any platinums. Does that make me a bad gamer?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Seece said:
ACII is one of the easiest games to complete, so not that surprising.

Is it? I've never played it so I don't know. The reason I didn't expect it there is because I just assumed Uc2 would be more popular (if the Trophy league is anything to go by).

U get like 80% completion just by beating the game.

I don't have a single platinum, nor am I particularly sad about it. Getting the platinum usually requires one or more of the following things:

1) Completing the game more than once.
Nope, not for me. I go through a game once, giving it my all, searching every nook and cranny, making it the perfect playthrough according to my personal tastes and then I'm done with it. I'ts been an experience that I've enjoyed more or less, but like a good movie, once I've seen it, I've seen it. This first point more or less affects all following points.

2) Playing the game on a harder difficulty level
I want to enjoy the game in other ways than making things unnecessarily difficult. I hate difficulty levels. Why would I want to take the harder route? It's like "Do you want to drive to work today or would you like to crawl on your knees, so as not to make it too easy?". Don't give me the choice. Have only one difficulty level. I'll play the game and not complain. In fact, I'll enjoy it more knowing that this is what I have to deal with because I have no choice.

3) Making choices that I don't want to make
I make the choices that I would do in real life according to my personal values and feelings. I don't want to be dick, a mass murderer, a rapist or whatnot just for the heck of it. What's the fun in that?

4) Completing the tedious stuff on the side
You know the stuff, collect all of the 1000 hidden flowers in the world or capture every kind of the 800 monsters in every possible color, you name it. It's repetition ad nauseam, just artificial lenghtening of the game that has nothing to do with the plot, and actually takes you out of it, because the very nature of this type of thing reminds you that this is after all a computer or console game with arbitrary, shining flowers laying around in the secret corners of the world.

i have only plated games i have are the ones i loved so:

LittleBigPlanet 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3

and I'm fine with that

TruckOSaurus said:
Seece said:
ACII is one of the easiest games to complete, so not that surprising.

Most of them are really easy to do but there's no way I'm wasting my time finding all those feathers!

Youtube?

Yay!!!

Dante9 said:
I don't have a single platinum, nor am I particularly sad about it. Getting the platinum usually requires one or more of the following things:

1) Completing the game more than once.
Nope, not for me. I go through a game once, giving it my all, searching every nook and cranny, making it the perfect playthrough according to my personal tastes and then I'm done with it. I'ts been an experience that I've enjoyed more or less, but like a good movie, once I've seen it, I've seen it. This first point more or less affects all following points.

2) Playing the game on a harder difficulty level
I want to enjoy the game in other ways than making things unnecessarily difficult. I hate difficulty levels. Why would I want to take the harder route? It's like "Do you want to drive to work today or would you like to crawl on your knees, so as not to make it too easy?". Don't give me the choice. Have only one difficulty level. I'll play the game and not complain. In fact, I'll enjoy it more knowing that this is what I have to deal with because I have no choice.

3) Making choices that I don't want to make
I make the choices that I would do in real life according to my personal values and feelings. I don't want to be dick, a mass murderer, a rapist or whatnot just for the heck of it. What's the fun in that?

4) Completing the tedious stuff on the side
You know the stuff, collect all of the 1000 hidden flowers in the world or capture every kind of the 800 monsters in every possible color, you name it. It's repetition ad nauseam, just artificial lenghtening of the game that has nothing to do with the plot, and actually takes you out of it, because the very nature of this type of thing reminds you that this is after all a computer or console game with arbitrary, shining flowers laying around in the secret corners of the world.

Great post, very true.