By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 25th February - Hardware, PSVita Over 500k!

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

310k includes UK... and 3DS sold 113k in UK and 330k in Europe for launch week.

So why 95k to 310k is "one hell of a sizeable chunk"???

I'm not sayin its wrong... I am just saying 95k or 30% is a very large percentage and just shows how popular PS is in UK....   (UK population is about 10% of Europe)

No it's not large... The normal percentage the UK takes of hardware is about 25%*, which isn't that far off 30%, but also the UK is more Americanised, which means more people buy things early. For example the earliest VGC data for 3DS in UK has it at 28.5% of Europe, whereas w/e 18th it's down to 25%.

*The X360 being an outlier.

Around the Network

I for one am just happy seeing the top 50 games again.

All in all, not a very notable week at all judging from these two charts, hopefully the ME3 launch can get some software numbers back in the air even if temporarily.

Decent PSV launch in my opinion, I didn't expect it too suddenly sell 5M in one week, so if it manages to keep up from here on, it should do fine.

I hope that Vita keeps selling 140k per week worldwide in upcoming months, despite the low sales in Japan.
And next week we have the GDC. Expecting some new releases and multiplat for Vita(Especially Borderlands 2!)

expected much more from the vita(about a 300k week in the us alone) but hopefully it can at least maintain about 150k-175k weekly(WW)

will be getting mine at the end of the month

Global Hardware up!

Around the Network

Solid first week for Vita in the west... it will improve over time.
Japanese numbers are low as ever... and VG Chartz was mean not to add 2 vitas to the count lol!

3DS is ok, could do better too. But march will be good to it.

I wonder how 3DS will be affected now, it basically just took away from DS sales keeping everything flat. But Vita can't really do that with PSP (in the west anyway)

PS3 7k lower in japan VGC compared to Media create numbers
Solid numbers for the Vita, more important is how well will hold on this slower part of the year.

Bad numbers overall, but it is not a surprise.

Curious to see if 3DS and Vita numbers collide and we start seeing one getting the short end of the stick, or do both have completely different audiences and both can co-exist happily going forward.

PSP to go below 10k in Japan, NA and Europe soon!

Will be strange to see

From the looks of it, it looks like the Vita's homeland is going to be Europe. Americans only seem interested in the hypothetical COD on the go and Uncharted, but Europeans love their soccer games and Ubisoft titles.

Love and tolerate.