By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 25th February - Hardware, PSVita Over 500k!

Are these Vita numbers suposed to be good?

Around the Network
chris212223 said:
binary solo said:
spurgeonryan said:
binary solo said:
spurgeonryan said:
I think like you said there is some "hype" for it in America. 75,000-100,000 is what I will say. If they can keep it from being a Gamestop exclusive that would be even better!

A what now? Retailer exclusive games is an alien concept to me. Surely that's only an initial launch thing.

Xenoblade which was part of project rainfall as well as the last story and Pandora's tower, is supposedly only going to be sold at gamestop in America.

Gamestop must hand over a ton of money to get that sort of deal. I suppose for Gamestop 100% of 500K sales is better than 50% of 750K sales, or something like that. Not so much for the publisher, which of course is where the money hatting comes in.

Not sure if you guys are talking about TLS or Xenoblade but you could pre-order TLS on Amazon in US. Although If its xenoblade youre talking about then yes that is a Gamestop exclusive.

My thing is that I have a hard time getting my head around retailer exclusivity. It just seems wrong somehow.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
chris212223 said:
binary solo said:
spurgeonryan said:
binary solo said:
spurgeonryan said:
I think like you said there is some "hype" for it in America. 75,000-100,000 is what I will say. If they can keep it from being a Gamestop exclusive that would be even better!

A what now? Retailer exclusive games is an alien concept to me. Surely that's only an initial launch thing.

Xenoblade which was part of project rainfall as well as the last story and Pandora's tower, is supposedly only going to be sold at gamestop in America.

Gamestop must hand over a ton of money to get that sort of deal. I suppose for Gamestop 100% of 500K sales is better than 50% of 750K sales, or something like that. Not so much for the publisher, which of course is where the money hatting comes in.

Not sure if you guys are talking about TLS or Xenoblade but you could pre-order TLS on Amazon in US. Although If its xenoblade youre talking about then yes that is a Gamestop exclusive.

My thing is that I have a hard time getting my head around retailer exclusivity. It just seems wrong somehow.

A few reasons why NOA would do this. Having it go just through Gamestop, they wouldnt even have to do their own advertisment, "come in too, GS to get this great Wii game that is ONLY available here" its a win win for both parties but not really gamers.  And Ninty just doesnt have that much confidence in the title, so now they could do the bare mininum to shut the OP rainfall guys up

Byclop said:
Are these Vita numbers suposed to be good?

They'd never be good enough for you. So don't worry about it.

wow.lol.Sony fans are so irascible these days.......
your answer makes me think theyre not good at all, im new to the sales thing........dont worry boys,it will pick up steam once the big IP s are released.

Around the Network
Byclop said:
wow.lol.Sony fans are so irascible these days.......
your answer makes me think theyre not good at all, im new to the sales thing........dont worry boys,it will pick up steam once the big IP s are released.

Just judging you based on your previous comments. You are new here so you probably won't behave until you get your fair share of bans.
For your sake, you should just refrain from posting flamebait like what I bolded above.

To answer you question, the sales are ok. Nothing special.

Sony just needs to understand again what Americans and Japanese want as well as it understands Europeans.
But about Vita, it's really too early to tell, unless the project is totally wrong and games are too scarce, each new platform has available a first Xmas when early adopters can support it well enough even if offered at relatively high prices. PS3 messed its launch because it was really overpriced (not for its real cost, but for the market) and Sony, also due to HD-DVD competition for supplies of blue lasers, failed to secure enough supplies of them to be able to launch simultaneously WW. At that high price, PS3 would have needed a late Autumn launch in Europe too.
$250 is very high, but not so horrible as $600, even for a portable, 1st Xmas in EU and USA so many months after launch won't damage its sales so much.
And Sony can try bundles and special versions in addition to and comnbined with big games launches, to support sales before cutting price.
Moreover, having cut PS3 price in August 2011, Sony can cut its price again starting from September 2012 without the image backlash that a successive cut after less thabn one year would give. With PS3 at $200 even if PSV still is at $250, it will be possible to offer a PS3+PSV+ a 1st party crossplay game for them+ 8GB memory card bundle at $400, it would be a great high-end bundle not exceeding the first major psychological price threshold for its market (at $400 PS3 finally exited its worst period), and it could become a big generation bridging subplatform like XB360+Kinect for MS.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!