By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 25th February - Hardware, PSVita Over 500k!

i'm confused did the vita launch with 70,000 in usa because thats what i see,i missed last week numbers

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
binary solo said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Conegamer said:
Also, noticed TLS launched to 35k in Europe. That's not brilliant.

Well, considering that it's probably very limited in quantity, on a dying system and the economy is going through dificult times. I think we can say this was the most expected. :/

Have JRPGs sold well on the Wii in Europe in general? I don't recall any really standing out. So I would think TLS is meeting expectations, and that's just fine.

IMHO, i think people are letting their hype for the game and love for the system its on, blind them and they are having unrealistic expectations

zuvuyeay said:
i'm confused did the vita launch with 70,000 in usa because thats what i see,i missed last week numbers

Week 0 (limited pre-sales): 70k
Week 1 (full release): 160k

US Launch:  230k

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:

Well, considering that it's probably very limited in quantity, on a dying system and the economy is going through dificult times. I think we can say this was the most expected. :/

Have JRPGs sold well on the Wii in Europe in general? I don't recall any really standing out. So I would think TLS is meeting expectations, and that's just fine.

IMHO, i think people are letting their hype for the game and love for the system its on, blind them and they are having unrealistic expectations

I cannot find Conegamers post, so I will quote here. I know that America will give it the sales it deserves. At least a hundred thousand first week. To be honest though, it was not really that huge in Japan either. RolStoppable said it was mediocre at best. So maybe we should not expect too much from its sales.

This, but i dont even think it will do that much first week. 50,000 or maybe 75,000

ethomaz said:
zuvuyeay said:

Week 0 (limited pre-sales): 70k
Week 1 (full release): 160k

US Launch:  230k

ok thanks,why don't they just put it all with the full launch week,you'd think the usa would outdo europe 1st week really looking at the uk launch but maybe i don't have a clue,have to go check japan vita & all psp launch

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
TheShape31 said:
I can't believe how poorly Vita is still doing in Japan, again outsold by PSP.

There's a Vita press conference in Japan this Friday!

There wiil no doubt be big game annoucements! Maybe even bundles!

Zlejedi said:
melbye said:
Wow, Europe really didn't want Asura's Wrath

Why would anyone want Asura Wrath ?

Because people have different tastes and the games story looks epic?

VGKing said:
TheShape31 said:
I can't believe how poorly Vita is still doing in Japan, again outsold by PSP.

There's a Vita press conference in Japan this Friday!

There wiil no doubt be big game annoucements! Maybe even bundles!

No. It must be Monster Hunter. Remember: "Vita needs Monster Hunter."

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

lurkerwithnosoul said:
binary solo said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Conegamer said:

No. But unlike most of them, TLS was advertised.

So first JRPG to be really advertised this late in the cycle, when all others have not sold very well. I'd still say 32K is reasonable. If it eventually sells over 150K then it will be the 3rd best selling RPG on Wii, in Europe. A 32K start is a pretty good indicator of 150K-ish lifetime sales. If it's as good as people say then it could get over 200K even witrh this sort of start.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

spurgeonryan said:
I think like you said there is some "hype" for it in America. 75,000-100,000 is what I will say. If they can keep it from being a Gamestop exclusive that would be even better!

A what now? Retailer exclusive games is an alien concept to me. Surely that's only an initial launch thing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix