By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! 25th February - Hardware, PSVita Over 500k!

Something wrong with PS3 numbers in Japan compared to Media create numbers.

Around the Network

What made PS3 jump up 15k units in the US?

Panama said:
What made PS3 jump up 15k units in the US?

The same reason everything went up I guess. Recovering from the post-holiday blues.

Love and tolerate.

ethomaz said:
Rob-Ot said:
In the UK it was reported that Vita sold 43K?

No number was reported for UK.

- Pocketgamer.biz said it sold 43k but said the 3DS sold 89k too (we know 3DS sold 113k).

- Patrick Garratt (VG247/Eurogamer) said it sold near the 3DS launch numbers (113k).

Both guys quoting the Chart-track.

And the software sales from Chart-track suppor the Patrick Garratt words... so I guess the Pocketgamer.biz is just wrong about all (PSV and 3DS numbers).

vita sold 61,000   http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-01-ps-vita-sold-61k-units-during-uk-launch-analyst 

If Japan's 3DS numbers weren't so high, one would question why we bother having them there at all and why we don't just place Asia sales on the chart which also encompasses Japan.

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
Rob-Ot said:

- Pocketgamer.biz said it sold 43k but said the 3DS sold 89k too (we know 3DS sold 113k).

- Patrick Garratt (VG247/Eurogamer) said it sold near the 3DS launch numbers (113k).

And the software sales from Chart-track suppor the Patrick Garratt words... so I guess the Pocketgamer.biz is just wrong about all (PSV and 3DS numbers).

vita sold 61,000   http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-01-ps-vita-sold-61k-units-during-uk-launch-analyst 

You're now a Doomsayer! Congratulations :)

Anyway, even with that info (if true), solid numbers! Vita will sell very well in the west, Im almost sure of it.

ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
Rob-Ot said:

If true... good numbers... I know the 45k was bullshit.

Ps3 had a nice boost though didn't media create have it at 27k?

USA numbers for ps vita are disappointing. Sony have a tough job on their hands.

3ds good as usual. Rest are just meh...

Well good numbers for Vita, now we need to know if it holds on.

Panama said:

If Japan's 3DS numbers weren't so high, one would question why we bother having them there at all and why we don't just place Asia sales on the chart which also encompasses Japan.

You mean other than the fact that Japan's numbers are possibly the easiest to track and influential beyond their weight? And how most of Asia has more in common with Europe than Japan in this industry?

Love and tolerate.