By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: 'DOOM 4 isn't cancelled'

Tagged games:

For the second time in under six months, Bethesda Softworks has had to go on defense and shut down rumors of DOOM 4's cancellation. The latest volley came from AllGamesBeta, which reported a rumor that development of the game had ended and showed what are allegedly screenshots of the game.
"DOOM 4 isn't cancelled," Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines told Joystiq. "When we're ready to talk about it and show it off, we'll let everyone know."

In late October, a rumor also made the rounds that Doom 4 had been "indefinitely postponed."

Source: joystiq

Around the Network

seriously hope these screenshots are NOT Doom 4. That would totally kill the atmosphere and that was something that Doom 3 actually did well.

I wonder if Doom 4 has been moved to next gen consoles..

Barozi said:
seriously hope these screenshots are NOT Doom 4. That would totally kill the atmosphere and that was something that Doom 3 actually did well.

One of the few things it did decently in my opinion, not trying to make a dig against the developer because I love I.D, but I found Doom 3 to be very lackluster, I returned it back to the shop after only owning it for 6 hours.

Hopefully they can crank up the story and gameplay to return my interest to the franchise.

Also wouldn't mind waiting for Next-Gen consoles before this releases, might sound odd skipping an entire gen with this franchise, but it might be good for the game.