By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft GDC - Forza Horizon, Fable Heroes, Halo 4!

shit again

Around the Network

'Everything at the Xbox spring showcase is embargoed till mar 5. We just got done with all our closed door sessions. 1st and 3rd party stuff'

They spent a total of 5 hours there, so quite a bit to get through I imagin! And they're opening again tomorrow, perhaps just different media rather than new stuff.

Halo 4, Fable, Halo Wars 2 Kinect, Banjo Threeie.

Gears wont be coming/revealed so soon, same goes for Forza.

Did no one mention PGR 5 yet ?
btw. just noticed that the PGR3 numbers in our database are wrong - no European numbers. Was surely above 1m.

pezus said:
Rainbird said:

If you don't have an Xbox Live account (not necessarily gold) or a Windows Live account, you can just uninstall it and not use it. It's not being integrated into Windows 8 any more than you can use any other service to play online.

Oh okay, that's certainly good to know. But do you know if there are any advantages in OS speed, gaming performance etc. over Windows 7 for someone who won't use the touch interface and very few of the apps?

Depends. If your PC can keep up with modern games, I don't think you're likely to feel much of a difference with Windows 8, but if your PC is having a hard time just playing on lower settings, Windows 8 might give a small boost. I doubt it will make much of a difference if you're playing stuff like Skyrim or Batman: Arkham City though...

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Rainbird said:

The Metro interface is just one of the improvements you get in Windows 8 though. Something like the charms and cloud integration are also pretty big improvement, not to mention the general improvements you get to performance and security.

That's just the problem, I'm not too fond of the Metro interface... (Bring back Blades on X360!!!)

I'll still get Windows 8 down the road, I'm a early adopter on most Windows releases, I just don't get the "This is gonna be gold" feel like I did with Windows 7, but then again, that might just have been because Windows Vista was horrible.

Hopefully they'll integrate GFWL/Xbox Live better on pc this time around, the fact that I can't get achievements offline on my pc is an absolute game breaker for me with that platform, it must be do-able for them to have a update platform that when you go online with your PC or Xbox it can just update your Gamertag to save all the achievements together.

And this message just got a bit longer than I intended, sorry Rainbird.

If you don't like Metro, you're not going to like where Microsoft is headed then, because everything they do from now on will be very Metro. And I'm sure the GFWL-service will be improved for Windows 8.

Everything embargoed until Monday, so Lionhead's countdown then - http://lionhead.com/

Not too long to wait really.

did i said this embargo thing is fucking shit?

Argh_College said:
did i said this embargo thing is fucking shit?

Just think of it as next week being extra big! All this news, GDC and NPD

D-Joe said:
wat
i only know 343i also developing a unannounced game right now

For what i know 343i has multiple studios and yes probably are developing 2+ games... I guess one is in colaboration wich Vancouver or Victoria though.

Microsoft now has alot of studios with their money they can make amazing games and easily give us the best of gaMING... sure they wont do that because of Kinect lol