By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356

wow, over a million that's great!

...looks at seece's article.

CHOO CHOOOOOO, all aboard the doom train.

Around the Network

My take is the system did OK for its first week, having to navigate through the tremendous negative press this system has been getting (news media, gaming outlets, fanboys etc). The subsequent weeks will be normal to lackluster with decent weeks in between. The price cut will come August during gamescom (i believe) along with COD release and then its go from there.

1.1 million seems good to me for a $250 device.

Pretty good for it.

Love and tolerate.

More than I expected. Good job Vita. Let's hope they can keep the momentum up.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Well 3DS sold 1.24 million in first week... threre are margin for PSV outsell it after possible adjustments.

Now I remember why I didn't miss you.

OT:

Good numbers, especially for Europe. I wonder how well it will sell in the coming weeks.

Overall I think it did solid, I was worried the slow and painful death of the PSP in the west would really make the Vita struggle at first but people seem to have forgotten about that. It's a solid launch for February and I guess we'll just have to see how things go from here. I expect a pretty turbulent summer looking at the software, but I reckon Sony will be able to get things up and running again for xmas without a price cut. Just launch a good Vita bundle with large memory, and COD, AC, FF, FIFA, LBP etc will do the rest.

Something needs to be done in Japan too, the software front is just not up to scratch with nothing on the horizon to fix it. I reckon they might cut the Vita's price in only Japan - has anyone ever only cut a console price in one territory?

Amazed to hear how well it's doing in the UK too, it's been all over the place so no real surprise. Reckon this really could become one of it's biggest territories though.

morenoingrato said:
ethomaz said:

Well 3DS sold 1.24 million in first week... threre are margin for PSV outsell it after possible adjustments.

Now I remember why I didn't miss you.

OT:

Good numbers, especially for Europe. I wonder how well it will sell in the coming weeks.

in two years from now the launch numbers for both the 3DS and vita could get adjusted on this site...most likely will...several times...

..just sayin'.

Awesome sales, much better than it deserved. Go, Vita!

Weak North American numbers for FEB+week 1.

Much better Euro numbers than I expected.

It launched lower than 3DS worldwide though. If it can't match what the 3DS was doing at $250 I doubt it's going to have any sort of legs. I expect a fairly rapid decline in NA/PAL sales much like what we saw in Japan.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.