By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Promoting Abstinence "proven to work"

Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
We should teach all children that same sex = better sex, unless they're gay. I don't want gay people to have sex with people of the same sex so if you're gay you have to have sex with the opposite sex.

The benefits of this are three fold.

1. Kids won't rush into having sex, so abstinence will be a rule not an exception until a far later age.

2. Almost no risk of pregnancy even if they do have sex.

3. Men won't have to put up with women and women won't have to put up with men.

You should run for President. I know you're not American, but Obama is Kenyan and McCain was Panaman, so it's fine.

Exactly! I would be like the best president ever! Anyway I won't run unless you're my running mate.

We can even force Seece into having sex with her:

Tease.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
thranx said:
theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:
America has by far the largest teen pregnancy rate in the developed world- so whatever we're doing is not really working. Of course, I'd bet dollars to donuts that we sexualize our children more than any other culture.

limited access to birth control is the entire problem here.

http://asktheexperts.plannedparenthood.org/?p=2959

"VIn general, parental permission is not needed for prescription methods of birth control like the pill. However, there may be certain locations where, for one reason or another, a health care provider will require parental permission. Check with your provider about her or his policy."

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp

I have yet to meet a girl who did not have access to birth control. I think it is even free. not sure though

Despite it existing, I'm more cautious than you to say that all teens know they have this confidential access.

Especially when you have smaller towns where everyone knows each other and even going into a planned parenthood building is like, she's-getting-an-abortion-rumor-city.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=planned+parenthood+reading+mass&ll=42.391009,-71.309509&spn=1.499044,1.656189&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=us&hq=planned+parenthood&hnear=Reading,+Middlesex,+Massachusetts&t=m&z=9

There's apparently 4 PP locations in Massachusetts. That's significantly less than I thought there'd be. I was thinking at least one in every town, like a hospital wing.

So again, I'm pretty sure daughters ask their parents for permission for the most part, rather than making up excuses to get driven a hundred miles into town.

If they have the time and effort/ability to find male partners to have intercousre with they should have the time effort/ability to get to a location that can supply them with birth control.

In boston the planned parents hood offers

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=3293&a=90610&v=details

"Specialty Services

Pills Now Pay Later® is available at this health center — a service that allows you to visit us for one appointment and walk out the door with up to a year’s supply of birth control and a convenient, low, monthly payment plan.

Pills by Mail is available at this health center — a service that delivers birth control pills to your home each month. Patients with a current prescription for some of the birth control pills that we offer at our health center can order Pills by Mail."

there are also 7 locations in MA

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp?z=Zip+Code&s=MA&go.x=16&go.y=10

Lack of access to birth control is not the problem. its the way we view sex and are taught about it. I found all of this with an easy google search that any teen ager should be able to accomplish. If they want the birth control they will be able to get it.

I will add though education about birth control should be better, especially those who already get the pill as i have met many who do not know that other medications (especially anti biotics) can interfere with birth control.

thranx said:

If they have the time and effort/ability to find male partners to have intercousre with they should have the time effort/ability to get to a location that can supply them with birth control.

In boston the planned parents hood offers

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=3293&a=90610&v=details

"Specialty Services

Pills Now Pay Later® is available at this health center — a service that allows you to visit us for one appointment and walk out the door with up to a year’s supply of birth control and a convenient, low, monthly payment plan.

Pills by Mail is available at this health center — a service that delivers birth control pills to your home each month. Patients with a current prescription for some of the birth control pills that we offer at our health center can order Pills by Mail."

there are also 7 locations in MA

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp?z=Zip+Code&s=MA&go.x=16&go.y=10

Lack of access to birth control is not the problem. its the way we view sex and are taught about it. I found all of this with an easy google search that any teen ager should be able to accomplish. If they want the birth control they will be able to get it.

I will add though education about birth control should be better, especially those who already get the pill as i have met many who do not know that other medications (especially anti biotics) can interfere with birth control.

C'mon thranx, pills by mail? To a teen, that's way too close to home to even think it's remotely secretive. "Hey I wonder what this small package is that my daughter is receiving anonymously every month."

A monthly payment plan also assumes they have their own unmonitored bank account.

And no, it's much much easier for a female to find a partner than to get pills, be reasonable.

I could imagine though, that the easiest way is to have a friend who's mom is very understanding. My gf's mom used to drive her kid and friends into town no questions asked, and would have Q+A about sex, etc if they had the questions. She could have probably gotten into trouble over it, but it's so important that teens are able to get answers to the questinos they have, and specifically answered by an adult they nkow than an anonymous internet post.

You can't act like the internet is the best place to find information because it's also the number one source of misinformation as well.

Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
We should teach all children that same sex = better sex, unless they're gay. I don't want gay people to have sex with people of the same sex so if you're gay you have to have sex with the opposite sex.

1. Kids won't rush into having sex, so abstinence will be a rule not an exception until a far later age.

You should run for President. I know you're not American, but Obama is Kenyan and McCain was Panaman, so it's fine.

Exactly! I would be like the best president ever! Anyway I won't run unless you're my running mate.

How long do you think we can go without having a sex scandal involving Seece? >_<

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Squilliam said:

I think in your America there would suddenly be a whole lot more gay people.

Around the Network

I think everyone should go gay...or atleast Bisexual. Imagine the pregnancy-free consequences! "Well, I dun want babies, so I'll just do my boyfriend instead.." not only is there NO chance of pregnancy, but if you know you've both clean, you don't need a condom either! you probably should use one, but you don't have to!

And we can all agree, more lesbians would be fun.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I think everyone should go gay...or atleast Bisexual. Imagine the pregnancy-free consequences! "Well, I dun want babies, so I'll just do my boyfriend instead.." not only is there NO chance of pregnancy, but if you know you've both clean, you don't need a condom either! you probably should use one, but you don't have to!

And we can all agree, more lesbians would be fun.

Only if they turn out like Ellen (and not like Rosie).

Signature goes here!

Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:

How long do you think we can go without having a sex scandal involving Seece? >_<

Not long. In politics your personal assistant assists with personal matters. Personal matters are defined as the moisture content of the surface of your penis.

Tease.

Rath said:
Squilliam said:

I think in your America there would suddenly be a whole lot more gay people

God hates people who choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

Tease.

osamanobama said:
MrBubbles said:

this is a reference to a comment by santorum in the republican debate

im just curious if anyone knows what it has been proven to do?  because it definitely is not preventing sex.

wait, abstaining from sex doesnt prevent sex?

if you dont mind me asking, What does?

Are you religious, something about this post makes me think so, just curious.