By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Promoting Abstinence "proven to work"

Rath said:
Squilliam said:
Rath said:
Squilliam said:
We should teach all children that same sex = better sex, unless they're gay. I don't want gay people to have sex with people of the same sex so if you're gay you have to have sex with the opposite sex.

The benefits of this are three fold.

1. Kids won't rush into having sex, so abstinence will be a rule not an exception until a far later age.

2. Almost no risk of pregnancy even if they do have sex.

3. Men won't have to put up with women and women won't have to put up with men.

I think in your America there would suddenly be a whole lot more gay people

God hates people who choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

I feel religious populations might quickly dwindle =P

Secretly they'd love it!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Rath said:
Squilliam said:

Secretly they'd love it!

Imagine the scandal when a conservative senator is caught soliciting sex from a woman

Rath said:
Squilliam said:
Rath said:
Squilliam said:

Secretly they'd love it!

Imagine the scandal when a conservative senator is caught soliciting sex from a woman

In the end you'd have to blame the woman. Everyone knows that a woman's lust is insatiable enough to try to turn any man away from his true sexual destiny. Even in the bible, women are responsible for offering the forbidden fruit to Adam. The representation of the snake entering the woman in the bible is enough to make my skin crawl! Personally I believe satan is responsible for the existence of sexual reproduction between different sexes. Before then, Adam could have given birth out his anus like any good man.

Tease.

The study's methods are questionable to begin with, relying on honest responses from a group of participants that knew they were being tested. The individuals who took part obviously knew what the desired outcome was, and most likely, their responses were tailored to meet those expectations.

Or maybe they were completely honest.

Who knows because nothing is known about the study. As was previously pointed out, it has not been subjected to peer review nor the methods scrutinized, which make the studies findings useless. Once the results can be replicated, then they may be on to something.

Nothing is ever going to stop teenagers from having sex. It is what they have been programmed to do by biology.

As a somewhat related aside, I recommend everyone check out Penn and Teller's Bullsh*t episode on teenage sex.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

The safest method of safe sex is obviously for the woman to take an aspirin... and hold it between her knees.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

When most studies I see point towards abstinence only lectures not working, as well as understanding human nature and adolescent psychology....and seeing it happen all the time...well it's pretty obvious what's true.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

NightDragon83 said:
The safest method of safe sex is obviously for the woman to take an aspirin... and hold it between her knees.

Wouldn't work, I've seen what some girls can do with their hips.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

MrBubbles said:
sethnintendo said:
Ail said:
osamanobama said:
MrBubbles said:

this is a reference to a comment by santorum in the republican debate

im just curious if anyone knows what it has been proven to do?  because it definitely is not preventing sex.

wait, abstaining from sex doesnt prevent sex?

if you dont mind me asking, What does?

With Bristol Palin as one of the loudest speaker for abstinence these days you have to ask that ?

Hey now... That is a low blow!  She is a born again virgin.

a friend of my mothers tried that.   she was pregnant with her new boyfriends baby in under a month.    good effort though, i think.  probably lasted a good week and a half or so.

Now I am finally starting to understand the story of the virgin Mary.

thranx said:
theprof00 said:
thranx said:

If they have the time and effort/ability to find male partners to have intercousre with they should have the time effort/ability to get to a location that can supply them with birth control.

In boston the planned parents hood offers

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=3293&a=90610&v=details

"Specialty Services

Pills Now Pay Later® is available at this health center — a service that allows you to visit us for one appointment and walk out the door with up to a year’s supply of birth control and a convenient, low, monthly payment plan.

Pills by Mail is available at this health center — a service that delivers birth control pills to your home each month. Patients with a current prescription for some of the birth control pills that we offer at our health center can order Pills by Mail."

there are also 7 locations in MA

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp?z=Zip+Code&s=MA&go.x=16&go.y=10

Lack of access to birth control is not the problem. its the way we view sex and are taught about it. I found all of this with an easy google search that any teen ager should be able to accomplish. If they want the birth control they will be able to get it.

I will add though education about birth control should be better, especially those who already get the pill as i have met many who do not know that other medications (especially anti biotics) can interfere with birth control.

C'mon thranx, pills by mail? To a teen, that's way too close to home to even think it's remotely secretive. "Hey I wonder what this small package is that my daughter is receiving anonymously every month."

A monthly payment plan also assumes they have their own unmonitored bank account.

And no, it's much much easier for a female to find a partner than to get pills, be reasonable.

I could imagine though, that the easiest way is to have a friend who's mom is very understanding. My gf's mom used to drive her kid and friends into town no questions asked, and would have Q+A about sex, etc if they had the questions. She could have probably gotten into trouble over it, but it's so important that teens are able to get answers to the questinos they have, and specifically answered by an adult they nkow than an anonymous internet post.

You can't act like the internet is the best place to find information because it's also the number one source of misinformation as well.

my main point is that if a teen wants to be on birth control they have many avenues to do so that does not involve parents, and they do have options, I only did a quick search and i'm sure every state is slightly different but there are free options to get the pills in every state and it looks as though a parents consent is not needed, I also forgot that i have never been to a hospitial/clinic that did not offer free condoms. I would also add if you can't hold a job and get a car perhaps you should not be focusing on sex and instead on those things. I dont know if your a US citizen or not, but our view on sexualtiy and how we teach kids about is absurd. I dont think its access to the pills that is the problem, but the education behind them and sex in general. Now that i think of it though, i would blame the media the most, sex is shoved in teens faces all over the place. Sorry if the post is a little all over the place i'll try to come back and clean it up later.

thranx, I really don't want to come off as lecturing you, because I agree with a lot of what you say, but...butt...I don't think you are approaching this from the perspective of a teenager. I quite remember what it was like being a teen, and it really did not take much to get in a girl's pants. Additionally, having been in relationships nearly all my life, I also know how fragile a girl's confidence is, and I've seen a lot of girls that I liked get easily manipulated and lied to.

I also wouldn't blame the media either. Since I am both a US and French citizen, I spent some time in France and their media is much more sexualized. In your average vogue in France there's nude women, and nudity is everywhere. All of the rest of the world is like this (generalizing). The difference here, really, is that we've managed to turn sex into a taboo, and a thing "only adults do". And when you put thsoe ideas into the fragile mindsets of teenagers, with their lack of self-confidence, naivete, misunderstanding, and nobody to talk to about it, along with a very strong foundation of rebelliousness in our media (and self-centeredness, and also the crazy hormones they put in our food) you end up with a bunch of teens who want to grow up too fast and develop tits when they're 10.

Plus a culture in which we have large suburban areas with really nothing to do (I remember being extremely bored in the rural suburban areas, and girls and drugs were natural pasttimes- which is supported by the fact that drug use is higher in suburbs than in cities), and parents who are too afraid to talk to their kids about anythign sex related....

It's a country of uninformed, hormonolly unstable, confused, bored teens whose only real options are have sex and be labeled a miscreant by a fair portion of the country, or save sex until marriage and possibly end up with someone for all the wrong reasons, sexually dissatisfied, and possibly with kids that they don't actually want yet, but are taught that condoms are evil.

It's a whole mess of a problem, and as much as I think religion is a good basis for being a god person, it really is the significant contributor to the entire situation.

I mean, please tell me you've jerked off before. Well, I was raised catholic, and partly christian and told that it wasn't only evil, but gay as well. In my teens I had significant social problems because I thought I was a pervert, and gay jokes hit me because even though I didn't like guys, I was always thinking "what if I am gay, and don't know it".

To boil it down again, the control aspect of religion, and the demeaning "undisputable biblical facts" make life very difficult, and goes very much against the natural order of things. It's no wonder that there is the commonly held term "dirty catholic schoolgirl". Those girls are the biggest sluts you will find. Why? Because of the strict control. Christian girls aren't far behind, but they're raised far more psychologically, and their faults don't surface until later when they're angry married women. My dad's first wife was Christian, only had sex with 4 men. Married 4 times, 7 children in total.

sethnintendo said:

Just show a bunch of stds pictures. If that doesn't scare them then let them have them!

Uh... that would qualify as absititance only teaching.