By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/02 ~ 19/02

it's too early to say anything about Vita, like it was for the 3DS, just wait until the first big japanese game comes, although it has not been announced officially yet which worries me

and i wouldn't hold on MH alone, because 3DS has got that too, along with MH4, DQ, KH and Pokemon sooner or later

Tekken is well known, more than SC, it can sell by time and it will sell a lot in Europe anyway

great for RE:R, well deserved both 3DS hardware and software

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Japan cumulative sales for first 20 weeks.

I'm curious, what month is PSP in during this current week?

Smeags said:
kowenicki said:

Same exact weeks, minus one day. PSP launched only one day to be part of the week, Vita had two days. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

3DS killer software keeps on coming! Amusing hardware numbers as usual

I know right, PS2 outselling 360 after all these years

Hardly unexpected but irrelevant numbers nonetheless. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Argh_College said:
Lol Japan is Nintendo country, 360 doesnt sell, Sony just selling Ps3 because Wii fade away and aint hardcore, when Wii U cames out there´s no much hope for sony left, neither Microsoft.

That 3DS numbers are crazy :o

I don't understand your logic

It is odd logic, but he is right.  Nintendo will dominate Japan soon... hell they already do with 3DS alone outsellfing PS3 + PSV + PSP + PS2 + 360 by 2 times.

Thats amazing.

He can't be "right", since it's a prediction and not a fact. He said "there's no much hope for sony left". And "Sony just selling PS3 because Wii fade away" which is not true at all. They were outsold by Wii by A LOT in Japan early on but Sony's consoles have much more longevity. 

Huh? why cant a precition be right?  I am predicting his prediction will be right.

He is right by saying Japan will be dominated by nintendo... I even showed how it already is.... did you miss that bit?

A prediction can't be right until the time you're predicting for has come to pass and what you're predicting actually happens. In this case, it hasn't and we don't even know a thing about what Sony is planning.

He didn't even say Nintendo would dominate, what he said is that Sony somehow has almost no hope, based on bad logic.

You could base it on current trends like how Sony hasn't been a market leader since PS3, its financial situation, current hardware gaps between the 3ds and Vita, that Sony has no plans for a Vita price drop, further solidifying these hardware trends. 

Its a fair prediction to make. Whether some want to acknowledge the possibility or not. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Smeags said:
kowenicki said:

Same exact weeks, minus one day. PSP launched only one day to be part of the week, Vita had two days. 

I know it's kind of a hard question, but did PSP had any big games at that time in japan?

VicViper said:
Acevil said:
Smeags said:
kowenicki said:

I know it's kind of a hard question, but did PSP had any big games at that time in japan?

I think it was just Hot Shots Golf (#12 PSP game of all time in Japan) and Ridge Racer. PSP didn't move a lot of software in Japan until 2006, after Monster Hunter started gaining momentum. It wasn't until 2007 that a single PSP game, MHF2, made it really big.

Honestly, I think the PSP was probably more popular as a media device than as a game system other than Monster Hunter. I can see the system languishing until a new, more multimedia model is introduced.

The lack of first party games from sony that could push some hardware is an unforgivable sin, after so many years in the business.

They can only do so much. Their 1st party games are not interesting the Japanese in general.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&console=&minSales=0&publisher=1535&genre=&sort=JP