By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Twisted Metal thread (the good and the bad)

9 out of 10 for IGN.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218538p1.html

Around the Network
pezus said:
reviniente said:
Do we have a thread 'bout the Metacritic score for Uncharted GA? Honestly, I can't find it.

You're free to make it if you wish. But the official Vita thread so far discusses a lot of that

Oh, thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. I'll pass on that offer, though; not a fun subject so far. 

I've only played it for a few hours, but so far I'd give it an 8. While it's definitely fun as hell, there is something big it's missing, characters. The original games' appeal was not only the vehicles, but also the unique characters that drove those cars. They all had back stories and specific reasons/wishes for entering the tournament, as well as vehicles that fit their personalities. That has been abandoned for this installment, as there are only 3 characters to play as (Sweet Tooth, Dollface, and Mr. Grimm), while you choose from ~10 vehicles for them to drive from. I think this was a big mistake and I would have given it a 9 if they hadn't chose that path.

osamanobama said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
77 metacritic. Good quality as I am a fan of 70-79 rated games but certainly below the impossible standard PS3 fans hype up their exclusives.

Twisted Metal didn't get much hype at all, plus wait for more reviews. It is 80+ on gamerankings now

Oh pleeeeease. First, gamerankings is second string. We use metacritic. Second, every, and I mean every big PS3 retail exclusive is expected to get 90+ by the forum dwellers. 

I for one, set realistic expectations. I predict Alan Wake AN to be in the mid 80's. 

please link me to ONE person that though TM was going to get over 90 on metacritic.

also, who's "we"? i use gameranking all the time, in fact i prefer it to metacritc. what makes it sencond string?

Stolen from seece, you can have fun with it however you like. 

Acevil said:
osamanobama said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
77 metacritic. Good quality as I am a fan of 70-79 rated games but certainly below the impossible standard PS3 fans hype up their exclusives.

Twisted Metal didn't get much hype at all, plus wait for more reviews. It is 80+ on gamerankings now

Oh pleeeeease. First, gamerankings is second string. We use metacritic. Second, every, and I mean every big PS3 retail exclusive is expected to get 90+ by the forum dwellers. 

I for one, set realistic expectations. I predict Alan Wake AN to be in the mid 80's. 

please link me to ONE person that though TM was going to get over 90 on metacritic.

also, who's "we"? i use gameranking all the time, in fact i prefer it to metacritc. what makes it sencond string?

Stolen from seece, you can have fun with it however you like. 

so 2 people out of 50 people thought it was going to get a 90 (not over a 90).

smy point still stands.

also when was this taken, most likely it was over a year ago (before review sites started lowering their average scores, they were higher pre-late 2010/early 2011)

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Embargo lifts in 45 mins guys. Embrace yourself!

I have the game :D, been playing for 2-3hours. Awesome shit!

I predict 78-82 meta when its all said and done.

GL Dsage01 :D, if its under 85: you cannot win, simply hope for tie :P

:D..79 atm.

Just as I predicted yesterday, the metascore won't get above 80. I bet european reviews will bring the average down to 76-77.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

can't wait till this out in the UK :D

79 on MetaCritic after 10 reviews.

not bad at all.

PlaystaionGamer said:
can't wait till this out in the UK :D

When is this out in the UK? I'm getting mixed signals. News articles say 17th, read somewhere Europe has 7 March and play.com says 30th March.

I have mine preordered from gamestation.

Hmm, pie.