By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Twisted Metal thread (the good and the bad)

Not a good start...

Around the Network

How long have they been working on this game?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

How long have they been working on this game?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=twisted+metal+development

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

77 metacritic. Good quality as I am a fan of 70-79 rated games but certainly below the impossible standard PS3 fans hype up their exclusives.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
77 metacritic. Good quality as I am a fan of 70-79 rated games but certainly below the impossible standard PS3 fans hype up their exclusives.

Twisted Metal didn't get much hype at all, plus wait for more reviews. It is 80+ on gamerankings now

Oh pleeeeease. First, gamerankings is second string. We use metacritic. Second, every, and I mean every big PS3 retail exclusive is expected to get 90+ by the forum dwellers. 

I for one, set realistic expectations. I predict Alan Wake AN to be in the mid 80's. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Doing as I expected so far. (slightly under 80)
Don't think that anyone here expected a 90+ score.

where the hell is the Twisted Metal commercial at!!!!!!?

..the hell is Kevin Butler doing!!??!!

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Twisted Metal didn't get much hype at all, plus wait for more reviews. It is 80+ on gamerankings now

Oh pleeeeease. First, gamerankings is second string. We use metacritic. Second, every, and I mean every big PS3 retail exclusive is expected to get 90+ by the forum dwellers. 

I for one, set realistic expectations. I predict Alan Wake AN to be in the mid 80's. 

please link me to ONE person that though TM was going to get over 90 on metacritic.

also, who's "we"? i use gameranking all the time, in fact i prefer it to metacritc. what makes it sencond string?

osamanobama said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

please link me to ONE person that though TM was going to get over 90 on metacritic.

also, who's "we"? i use gameranking all the time, in fact i prefer it to metacritc. what makes it sencond string?

I've gotta Echo this.

I've made a bet with Dsage01, where he predicted 85 and above and I predicted 84 and below basically. The thought of 90 didn't even hit either one of us and I am arguably one of the biggest sony fanboys here :'P. I played TM2 as a kid and my love for this serie is just nostalgia x500. I was sceptical on how it would ..do in our time now and im glad to say it's a game any TM fan will enjoy madly. The folkes over at Gaf seem more than very satisfied and the constant praise is actually shocking. I too got the "omg i'm home" when i booted up the demo x'). Great game that caters to the fans, despite being a game that probably has a genre which is dying or even dead practically.

What really makes me happy though is that I finally got the go-to game for 4 player splitscreen. My friends LOVED TM2 when we were kids. We had like tournaments and shit every day. Thank you Sony, Eat sleep play & Jaffe. Best of luck to you and I hope the rumors about the sales being somewhat higher than expected is true!

On another note:
Loving the game :D and Dsage01: Things are looking grimm bro! Starhawk better deliver that 85+ xD

Got my copy! The hell with the reviews!!! lol