By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Twisted Metal thread (the good and the bad)

The Fury said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

i have no idea :(

i think its March 7th

:( If true. I've been going on to people all week about it.

Going to get to Gamestation today, get some real info.

EDIT: F***ing thing. Was so excited about this, now March 9th. My entire weekend was just playing that. 

hmm.. annoying. 

im annoyed that the Vita is coming out on the 22nd then in early march i have SSX and Twisted Metal to buy. i have been waiting for a SSX game for 5 years and i love twisted metal so il have to buy both

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
DareDareCaro said:
theprof00 said:
@daredare router settings.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/677748/tip-open-your-nat-for-a-better-psn/
Try that link

Thx but my router isn't the problem.  After searching a little, that's a problem for almost everyone so far...  Jaffe tweets today about 100 people at Sony trying to solve that issue...

He didn't tweet about the problem you're having. He tweeted about matchmaking.

Yours is certainly a router settings error. If I were to theorize, since my IT knowledge is just a bit more than average, I'd say it has something to do with the router firewall. Possibly port forwarding for the ps3, or perhaps even just updating the firmware might help.

Also, try unchecking UPnP in your router settings, but really sounds like firewall issue.

Is your router a netgear by any chance?

I have a Dlink.  But I told you, about half the people with the game cannot get into a match.  Went into 3 games in about 3 hours so far...  Never got PS3 online problem whatsoever in 3 years before.

So... After a few days of Twisted Metal, I can say that's a pretty frustrating journey... SP is ok like we thought it will be since it's mostly an online game. And that's where the frustration comes from. Twisted Metal online is pure addictive shit but you cannot enjoy it like you want. Like a drug-dealer tempting you with small shots of cocaine every 3 days... Online is broken like never seen in gaming. Jaffe said they are working on it like crazy and I hopes it's true coz if your lucky you can play 2-3 games per hour... See what I mean?

there everywhere go to IGN.com to see a review but a review can only do so much for you it shouldn't make up your mind it just gives you a little idea of the game watch multiple reviews.

Truther said:

there everywhere go to IGN.com to see a review but a review can only do so much for you it shouldn't make up your mind it just gives you a little idea of the game watch multiple reviews.

The thread is old (kinda), content have evolved...

Around the Network

So here's my verdict: online is a broken pile of crap. Cannot believe they released an almost online only game in that state... It's sad coz the game is fun when you get into it...

DareDareCaro said:
So here's my verdict: online is a broken pile of crap. Cannot believe they released an almost online only game in that state... It's sad coz the game is fun when you get into it...

I agree, they really pushed the release now patch later thing.

I'm wondering, like, was there any external testing with this? I mean, there's some lobbies where the game doesn't start because the host isn't paying attention. Like, srsly? The game is deservedly a 79. I really dislike the lack of first player characters, and, yaknow, the stories are absolute garbage.

The calypso twists are supposed to be like devious and devilish, but they felt more like "wahmp waaaahmp".

Kinda sad, because I think they did a great job with the single-player. Really kept it switched up and interesting. I'm also pretty convinced that they are gunna do dlc characters.

Lastly, I'm wondering if this was just a "testing the waters" release. Which sucks because of the fallacy we learned with wii games. It's not that a game doesn't belong that a game doesn't sell. It's because it's a halfhearted underfunded attempt. I mean, just using the actors is much cheaper than cgi, so I'm wondering if this was like a 5m$ or less project.

theprof00 said:
DareDareCaro said:

I agree, they really pushed the release now patch later thing.

I'm wondering, like, was there any external testing with this? I mean, there's some lobbies where the game doesn't start because the host isn't paying attention. Like, srsly? The game is deservedly a 79. I really dislike the lack of first player characters, and, yaknow, the stories are absolute garbage.

The calypso twists are supposed to be like devious and devilish, but they felt more like "wahmp waaaahmp".

Kinda sad, because I think they did a great job with the single-player. Really kept it switched up and interesting. I'm also pretty convinced that they are gunna do dlc characters.

Lastly, I'm wondering if this was just a "testing the waters" release. Which sucks because of the fallacy we learned with wii games. It's not that a game doesn't belong that a game doesn't sell. It's because it's a halfhearted underfunded attempt. I mean, just using the actors is much cheaper than cgi, so I'm wondering if this was like a 5m$ or less project.

I dunno if it was the plan but it's really feels like it...  Nowhere near a AAA title for sure!

multiplayer is awesome fun once you get in a match!

9087 said:
multiplayer is awesome fun once you get in a match!

Exactly!  That's the biggest frustration.  The game is super fun when we get in , but a lot of people, like me, cannot join game...  Takes about an hour of work to get in a game.  Totally innaceptable!