By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most disappointing video game sequels?

Tagged games:

Pemalite said:
My next one has to be Perfect Dark: Zero. Merely a shadow of it's former original self that was on the Nintendo 64.

Don't know how I could have forgotten to mention that one, thanks for jogging my memory.

Around the Network

Starfox Adventures

Give me a Starfox game that's just an on rails shooter. Thanks.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
Starfox Adventures

Give me a Starfox game that's just an on rails shooter. Thanks.

I would put SFA in the spinoff category, because, you know, it's an entirely different genre. The very brief Arwing sections don't change that.

You could go with Star Fox Assault though (another Gamecube game) and keep your reasoning.

Meh.  I don't like either of those games so I'll say Star Fox Assault to make you happy.

Super Monkey Ball Step and Roll is a pretty wretched sequel too now that I think of it.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Hmm how about NiGHTS on Wii?

Dead Rising 2

Around the Network
mjo011 said:
Hmm how about NiGHTS on Wii?

That one was pretty bad.  The levels that take place on the ground are an abomination.

Sunshine, though having some of the funnest gameplay mechanics, really turned me off by its theme, enemy design (too bulgy) and bouncy music. The graphics were amazing, but the art direction I didn't enjoy. The cutscenes were barf-worthy... :(

@IIIIITHEONE1IIIII... I love Prime 3, and Zelda II is one of my favorite games of all time. haha

Super Punch out turned me off at first (too serious), and didn't have the New-Yorkian charm the first one had. I enjoyed it more later as an older guy on the VC looking for punch-out fun, and it delivered.

Metroid Fusion was an awesome game, but it just didn't live up to Super Metroid, one of the best games of all time.

Star Fox Adventures was boring...

I didn't like Minish Cap, the art direction and music. I never finished it.

Wind Waker was my biggest letdown, after the spaceworld 2000 event. But now it's one of my most cherished gaming memories. What an awesome game.

I couldn't get into Melee at first (I loved the 64 one so much), but once I played it religiously with my buds, it is now the game I could not do without.

King's Quest VII. A girl? really? Well, maybe I would like it more today, but I never got into it back when it came out.

Civilization V and Simcity Societies. I think ther's a problem with 5th sequels, at least in strategy.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Before I type in my actual comment, I have to say that Double Dash is awesome. That game gets a lot of crap from people, but in my opinion it's the best console Mario Kart to date (even it's metascore is the highest). Maybe I'm just a Gamecube fanboy. Anyways, on to the real comment.

The most dissapointing sequel to me personally is Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. That game was simply a chore 70 percent of the time. I finished the game because I thought, "I paid $60 for this thing and there is no way I'm not finishing it," instead of, "This game kicks ass, I gotta get to the end." The 30 percent that was fun really was awesome, but when the majority of the game makes you want to fall asleep, then you're in trouble. At least multiplayer was great. That didn't stop me from trading it in so I could get Super Mario 3d Land for $10.

Mario Kart Wii, Dash was way better, Ninty dumbed down the gameplay to the point where anyone could win, it was essentially a party game on wheels. It was a good move for mass appeal, but it feels like you get punished for being better than the others. IMHO

Smash Bros. Brawl. WTF happened with the online?? Seriously, why did they even delay the game intially?? WTF were they doing all those extra months

FF13, nuff said

Uncharted 3, online is improved, combat is improved but the damn story wasnt as good as U2, still a good game

Mvs.C3 sad online, broken characters, DLC shenanigans. Shame Capcom

Tekken 6, damn scenario mode. I dont know why Namco assist on jamming their sad beat em up down our throats and for anyone who says that you dont have to play it, sure. If you dont care about the customization items, which playing scenerio mode is the easiest and fastest way to acquire them

King of Fighters 12, just a bad game, worst game I have bought all gen