By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most disappointing video game sequels?

Tagged games:

grand theft auto 4, the multiplayer was great but i couldn't finish the single player, just found it boring

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
happydolphin said:

@IIIIITHEONE1IIIII... I love Prime 3, and Zelda II is one of my favorite games of all time. haha

Hehe, opinions can be a bitch sometimes :P

Of course! Tastes are tastes! But damn do I love that game.

and 

I think the angry video game nerd does a good job at showing its awesomeness through humour.

Seeing as you're in a playful mood, go vote in the Caption This! thread ;)

TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
Death to the person who says Chrono Cross!

My pick is Uncharted 3.

Thanks for reminding me!!!

Chrono Cross. It was an okay RPG but with many issues, it's not worthy of the Chrono name. When you're expected the follow-up the Chrono Trigger you can't help but feel terribly disappointed.

Indeed. It would have been a good RPG if it was a stand alone IP, but coming off CT and it's impact, it was a massive disappointment. The fact that they put the entire plot of CT and Radical Dreamers as a "Oh it happened on a Parallel Dimension, so we can mess up with this as much as we want" was not a good move.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
Death to the person who says Chrono Cross!

My pick is Uncharted 3.

Thanks for reminding me!!!

Chrono Cross. It was an okay RPG but with many issues, it's not worthy of the Chrono name. When you're expected the follow-up the Chrono Trigger you can't help but feel terribly disappointed.

Indeed. It would have been a good RPG if it was a stand alone IP, but coming off CT and it's impact, it was a massive disappointment. The fact that they put the entire plot of CT and Radical Dreamers as a "Oh it happened on a Parallel Dimension, so we can mess up with this as much as we want" was not a good move.

Well to be fair, isnt that essentially just like all FFs? Just a parallel dimension after the next?? Hell i think even BOF went that route with number 4

Super MArio Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Corruption.

Older one might be Donkey Kong Country 3.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
grand theft auto 4, the multiplayer was great but i couldn't finish the single player, just found it boring

i couldnt finnish it, it should have been called Taxi Driver 4. and the whole mobile phone thing was pathetic. 

Mario Kart Double Dash is my fav Mario Kart. It has my favorite tracks in the series hands down.

happydolphin said:

and 

I think the angry video game nerd does a good job at showing its awesomeness through humour.

Seeing as you're in a playful mood, go vote in the Caption This! thread ;)

Oh man, angry video game nerd is awesome! xD

And, I've already voted >:)

(unless you're talking to the other guys)

Biggest disappointments I can think of:

Every Final Fantasy ever IX - I bought every Final Fantasy game I could get my hands on, everything after IX just didn't click with me. I even bought the PS2 hard drive to play Final Fantasy online. Bleh. The story seemed to have gotten a lot worst and the way they changed up combat? *shakes head* Western RPG developers have won me over since.

RE5 - SHIVA! SHIVA! SHIVA! SHIVA! SHIVA!

Perfect Dark Zero - Since Perfect Dark is on XBLA It's so easy to see how big of a let down this game was. The only good thing about it was 32 players online and lots of bots to throw in. Everything else was a let down.

Gears of War 2 MULTIPLAYER - Halo 2 might have had a meh single player, well Gears 2 had horrible online. I played the original gears 600+ hours online, and only put in maybe 30 hours into Gears 2 online. They somehow screwed up the entire online experience. Luckily they redeemed themselves with Gears 3.

Crackdown 2 - The first one was OK, but in the sequel they rehashed the entire game. The city is almost identical and the things you do are almost identical. wtf?

It's just that simple.

PlaystaionGamer said:
o_O.Q said:

i couldnt finnish it, it should have been called Taxi Driver 4. and the whole mobile phone thing was pathetic. 

totally agree, for me it just lacked the freedom and diversity that made gta san andreas one of my favourite games of all time

i really hope they get in gear for gta 5 and bring back the aspects that made san andreas great