By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most disappointing video game sequels?

Tagged games:

Level1Death said:
oldschoolfool said:
resident evil 6 was good,but I felt let down bye it at the sametime. did'nt really care for the boring enviroments and the uninspiring boss battles. did'nt like the co-op aspect of it either. It just did'nt feel like a resident evil game.

Resident Evil 6?!!!

Holy shit he's Doctor Who!

Former something....

Around the Network

Did I just see Mario Kart Double Dash up there? 

morenoingrato said:
Screw that, MK: DD is one of my favorite games ever.

Anyway, I think as someone said, why THE HELL would they make Super Paper Mario a platformer, it hardly made any sense, they changed one of my favorite games ever to a generic platformer. (It was still a good game, but fell short inn every way it could.)

Screw that, my opinion is different.

NintendoPie said:

Did I just see Mario Kart Double Dash up there? 

[oh no you didn't]

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
morenoingrato said:
Screw that, MK: DD is one of my favorite games ever.

Anyway, I think as someone said, why THE HELL would they make Super Paper Mario a platformer, it hardly made any sense, they changed one of my favorite games ever to a generic platformer. (It was still a good game, but fell short inn every way it could.)

Screw that, my opinion is different.

Why didn't you like it?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Why didn't you like it?

Well, I really did at first. But as time went by I realized that Mario Kart 64 was way more enjoyable for me. Then the awesome Mario Kart DS released and it was confirmed that something just wasn't right about DD. God knows what. (Maybe the awful soundtrack? :P

Master of Orion 2 was a classic and one of the greatest games of all time, follow by that POS thing called Master Of Orion 3.
Most of you probably don't know the game, it was released in an era of gaming where developers weren't afraid to gamble and release something completely different and new.

My next one has to be Perfect Dark: Zero. Merely a shadow of it's former original self that was on the Nintendo 64.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Final Fantasy 2 seems to come to mind with it's incredibly cheesy, static storyline. I liked the weapons/magic levels, but the dodgy storyline and "ask" system can go straight to hell.

(I'm talking about the Japanese FF2, not the FF2 on the SNES which was FF4)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and Assassin's Creed Revelations

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Well if we look at sequel as the second game released in a series I can't think of any off the top of my head that I was extremely dissapointed in....wait nope got one Red Steel 2 I played it maybe half an hour and thought the first one was way better. RS2 shouldn't have been in the Red Steel IP at all.

As far as sequels go Animal Crossing City Folks was the biggest dissapointment from Nintendo I have ever experienced. Sonic next generation was horrible as was Secret Rings. Bomber man 360 was terrible. Bubsy3D.

Their are countless horrible sequels. Though the absolute worst one I have personally played was Sonic Secret Rings tied with Bomberman360.

Its laughable that any of those first party titles are on the list. None of them were bad games.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer