Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most disappointing video game sequels?

Tagged games:

man-bear-pig said:
Turok: Evolution (best game of all time) ----------> Turok (shittest game of all time)

I think I fell and hit my head. Am I in Narnia? I was going to name both of these games

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
man-bear-pig said:
Turok: Evolution (best game of all time) ----------> Turok (shittest game of all time)

I think I fell and hit my head. Am I in Narnia? I was going to name both of these games

Since your head is already hurting anyway, you might want to check out this thread.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Khuutra said:
man-bear-pig said:

Huh? Yu cray cray! Turok evolution is the best game of all time IMO.

Killzone 3, They codified the game :(

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

mjo011 said:
To me, Perfect Dark Zero has been the greatest letdown. It was an okay game, while Perfect Dark 64 was truly spectacular in every way.

Yeah, I agree completely. It was gonna be number five but I skipped it since it was already in the original article.

Around the Network

Escape from Monkey Island

Yeah sorry went to sleep. Many fans of Fallout 1 and 2 see Fallout 3 as a massive disappointment, especially the quality of the dialogue. Same goes for Oblivion with Morrowind fans, they dumbed down quite a few of the RPG elements and the world feels barren and lifeless.

For me personally however, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time was very disappointing but only because of the high bar superstar saga set.

Also this one is a tad controversial but Mario Galaxy 2. I felt as though it was a quick cash in and didn't offer much in the way of gameplay innovations aside from Yoshi who essentially acts as a powerup for the stages you are given him along with the few new powers introduced. The game felt uncharacteristic of Nintendo and had me worried Mario would follow the same route as CoD with Mario Galaxy 3 soon to follow. Luckily I was wrong.

Oh and Call of Duty 3. That was just a generic mess compared to CoD1 and 2. You know, back when CoD was good.

Screw that, MK: DD is one of my favorite games ever.

Anyway, I think as someone said, why THE HELL would they make Super Paper Mario a platformer, it hardly made any sense, they changed one of my favorite games ever to a generic platformer. (It was still a good game, but fell short inn every way it could.)

resident evil 6 was good,but I felt let down bye it at the sametime. did'nt really care for the boring enviroments and the uninspiring boss battles. did'nt like the co-op aspect of it either. It just did'nt feel like a resident evil game.

I don't know if this has been mentionned, but for me one of the worst sequels are Dragon Age 2 and Prince of Persia.

Dragon Age Origins is one of my favorite game of this generation and brought me back to the RPG world, while the Prince of Persia trilogy brought me to gaming in general.

Dragon Age 2 was, IMHO, garbage and Prince of Persia was the most repetitive game I've played so far with a shitty ending.